DIAT PhD Admission 2020 – Chemistry PhD Admission Programme
DIAT PhD Admission 2020 DIAT offers admission to PhD (full-time) in the frontier area of Applied Chemistry. Limited few Institute Fellowships are available. Defence Institute of Advanced Technology (DIAT) is Technological Institute of National repute for higher learning. Check out all the details on the same below:
The Institute imparts education and training in Advanced Technologies used for Tri-services, DRDO, DPSUs etc. DIAT found its roots in 1952, as a training institute has grown over the years into a premier teaching and research institute for DRDO and the Armed Forces.
The main focus of the institute is to evolve as an Innovative Unique Research University to develop indigenous contemporary defence-related technologies and also to provide technological solutions to the Services. DIAT is committed to generating high quality and talented human resource in broad areas of Defence Technologies to cater to the needs of DRDO, Armed Forces and other Defence establishments.
Research Areas: Organic Synthesis, Energetic Materials, Ionic Liquids, Phase change Materials, Catalysis, Energetic Polymers, Mesoporous Materials, Hybrid Nanomaterials, Selfassembled Nanocomposites.
- A candidate, seeking admission to the Ph.D. program, shall be required to have passed the qualifying examination securing at least 55% marks or equivalent CGPA/DGPA. A relaxation of 5 % of marks may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non creamy-layer) / PWD – (Divyang) categories. The qualifying
- a) Master of Engineering/Master of Technology (or equivalent) for Ph.D. in Engineering/Science.
- b) Master in Science (M.Sc. or equivalent) for Ph.D. in Science
- A candidate who has passed the qualifying examination with the requisite percentage of marks as prescribed above and who fulfill the following requirement may be considered for admission to the Ph.D. programme:-
- a) Qualified in a national level test such as, CSIR/UGC NET , Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering (GATE), Rajiv Gandhi National fellowship, subject wise and category wise GATE/NET cut off will be decided by DIAT.
Not above 30 years as on 10th Dec 2019.
Relaxations as per GOI rules apply to SC / ST / OBC / PH applicants.
Admission to Ph.D. will be based on the performance in the entrance exam (written test) conducted by the department concerned followed by a personal interview.
How to Apply:
Application form is available at Institute’s website http://www.diat.ac.in. Application fee of ` 500/- for General / OBC category (` 250/- for SC/ST & Women candidates) per programme is required to be paid either online (through State Bank collect) or by Demand Draft drawn in favour of Vice-Chancellor, DIAT, Pune, payable at Pune. The filled application form in the prescribed proforma has to be forwarded in a sealed envelope, superscribed “Application for Admission to PhD Programme in the Department of
______” to the Joint Registrar (Academics), Defence Institute of Advanced Technology, Pune 411025 along with the DD / online generated receipt and self-certified copies of mark lists, certificates and other testimonials. These documents should reach DIAT latest by on or before 10th Dec 2019. Postal delay will not be entertained. Candidates seeking admission to more than one Department need to apply separately.
- Since the applications may be short listed, mere possessing of the prescribed qualifications would not entitle a person to be called for test/interview. The Institute may restrict the number of candidates to be called for test / interview to a reasonable limit, on the basis of qualifications/marks higher than that of the minimum prescribed in the advertisement.
- For shortlisting of candidates, the department screening committee may decide subject-wise and categorywise GATE/NET Cut off.
- Application once made will not be allowed to be withdrawn and fees once paid will not be refunded on any count nor can it be held in reserve for any other admission process
- Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification. Postal delay shall not be entertained.
- No correspondence will be entertained in respect of advertisement, interview, selection etc. The list of Shortlisted candidate will be displayed on http://www.diat.ac.in website along with other information viz. date of Interview / Written Test / Result. The candidates are requested to check the DIAT (DU) Website
http://www.diat.ac.in for related information from time to time.
Course Fee and Other Charges:
Selected candidates for the Ph.D programmes are required to pay Semester Fee @ `.31,000/- per semester (for Gen & OBC) and @ ` 18,000/- (for SC & ST) payable immediately on joining and a caution deposit of ` 10,000/-, commencing from Jan 2020. The fee for Ph.D students (Scholarship category) in 5th Semester and above is ` 35,000/- per semester for Gen & OBC category and ` 22,000/- per semester for SC/ST category
- Last Date of Receipt of Hard copy of application: 10th Dec 2019
- Tentative Date of Interview / Written Test: 3rd / 4 th week of Dec 2019
- Tentative date of commencement of the programme: 1st Week of Jan 2020
View Main Notification
Editor’s Note: DIAT PhD Admission 2020 Subscribe to Rasayanika for latest chemistry and Pharma job openings. Follow us on Facebook for the latest updates.