DEPARTMENT OF CHEMISTRY
INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
(BANARAS HINDU UNIVERSITY
UTTAR PRADESH, INDIA
Celt +9 1 -97945167 7 3; +91 -7 07 15288O4
Email: [email protected]
Applications are invited from Indian nationals for the following position in the research project entitled “De Novo Synthesis of orthogonally protected uronic acid building blocks: Access to various important oligosaccharides” sponsored by the Science & Engineering Research Board (SERB), Department of Science & Technology (DST), Government of India, New Delhi.
Job Title: Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
No. of Posts: 1
Age Limit: 28 years. Age relaxation applicable as per Government of India (GoD rules.
a) M.Sc. in Chemistry (any branch) with at least 55% (or) equivalent grade
b) NET-(LS) or valid GATE Score. Experience in synthetic organic chemistry, Carbohydrate synthesis, Industrial experience will be considered as additional qualifications.
General Terms and Conditions:
1. The position is purely temporary and is coterminous with the project.
2. The PI has the discretion to restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview to a reasonable limit on the basis of qualifications and experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement.
3. Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to appear in the interview and no other communications in this regard will be entertained.
4. The candidate is expected to join immediately, if selected.
5. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
How to Apply:
Application on Plain paper giving Name, Permanent and Correspondence address, Names of the Father and Mother, Telephone number and e-mail address, details of educational career (starting from High School or equivalent) along with the self-attested copies of all mark-sheets & certificates and details of any research or other experience etc., if any, should-reach the Principal Investigator on or before 27th March 2018. Applicants can also send their applications by email to the principal Investigator at: [email protected].
Application Deadline – on or before 27th March 2018.