Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
The Office of Dean, Research & Development
Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur an Institute of national importance, has been in the forefront of engineering & technology education and research & development. The Institute derives strength from its philosophy, vision and values that has led to achievement of academic excellence and promotion of high order technological research.
Job Title : Research Establishment Officer (Grade II)
No. of Posts : 1
Salary : Rs.15600-39100 with Grade Pay Rs. 5400/-
- Hazard identification by conducting periodic/frequent safety inspections/audits/studies of different construction sites, maintenance activities, laboratories and other areas.
- Safety in disposal of Hazardous chemicals/waste.
- To create and establish appropriate fire fighting system
- Accident /incident investigation of major and minor incidences and suggesting corrective measures for non recurrence of similar incidences in future.
- Organizing safety training programmes in different areas such as Chemical laboratory fire, electrical and construction safety.
- Vetting modifications and new facilities from safety point of views.
- Maintenance of records
- Suggesting remedial measures
- To advice legal compliance
To issue advice in safety matters.
- B.Tech or B.S. in Chemical Engineering OR M.Sc. in Organic/ Inorganic Chemistry
- Post Diploma/Advanced Diploma in Industrial Safety with 7 years of Post Diploma/Advanced Diploma in Industrial Safety with 7 years of relevant experience in the field of safety in academic institute of higher education /construction company/Industry.
General Terms and Conditions:
- Benefits, terms and conditions under R & D Service:
- These posts carry Dearness Allowance (DA), House Rent Allowance (HRA) and Transport Allowance (TA) as admissible to the central government employees and as made applicable to the Institute.
- In addition to the emoluments indicated against each category of posts, benefits such as applicability of New Pension Scheme 2004, facility of health centre for self and dependents are available as per Institute rules.
- As REOs are purely temporary, benefits that are applicable only to permanent employees of the institute (e.g., LTC, Motor Car Advances, Personal Computer Advance and House Building Advances) will not be applicable to them.
- Each appointment will be made on contractual basis initially for a period of three years, extendable up to 2 years on noteworthy performance.
- Deserving candidates may be considered at the time of Interview by the Selection Committee for advance increment/s as per Institute Rules.
- Earned leave, half pay leave and Casual leave will be admissible as per rule. Other conditions
- The applicant must be a citizen of India. Persons of Indian Origins (PlOs) and Overseas Citizens of India (0C1s) will also be considered.
- All applicants must fulfill the essential requirements of the post and other conditions stipulated in the advertisement as on the last date of receipt of the applications. They are advised to satisfy themselves before applying that they possess at least the essential qualifications laid down for various posts as on the last date of receipt of the applications. No enquiry asking for advice as to eligibility will be entertained.
The prescribed essential qualifications are the minimum and the mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be called for interview. The duly constituted Screening Committee may adopt its own criteria for shortlisting the candidates. The candidate should therefore, mention in the application all the qualifications and experiences in the relevant area over and above the minimum prescribed qualification, supported with self certified documents. Completion of Ph.D. degree will be reckoned from the date of issue of provisional certificate/ notification.
- The application should be accompanied by self attested copies of the relevant documents for educational qualification and experience. The prescribed qualifications should have been obtained through recognized Universities/ Incomplete
application/applications received or not accompanied with the required certificates/ documents/ Fees are liable to be rejected.
- In respect of equivalency clause in Essential Qualifications, if a candidate is claiming a particular qualification as equivalent qualification as per the requirement of the advertisement, then the candidate is required to produce certificate in this regard, indicating the Authority (with number and date) under which it has been so treated otherwise the Application is liable to be rejected.
- The period of experience rendered by a candidate on part time basis, daily wages, visiting/ guest faculty will not be counted while calculating the valid experience for short listing the candidates for interview.
- If any document/ certificate furnished are in a language other than Hindi or English, a transcript of the same duly attested by a Gazetted officer or notary is to be submitted.
- The date for determining the upper age limit, qualifications and /or experience shall be the closing date prescribed for receipt of applications.
- The period of experience shall be counted after the date of acquiring the minimum prescribed educational qualifications.
- Persons with disabilities (PWD) fulfilling the eligibility conditions prescribed under Gol instructions are encouraged to apply.
- In case a candidate is staying abroad, his/her candidature may be considered in absentia by the Selection Committee on his/her written request.
- The Selection Committee may choose to place the candidate in any of the Grade Pay within the Pay Band depending upon the performance of the candidate and subject to meeting the minimum eligibility criterion specified.
- Only outstation candidates called and found eligible for interview will be paid to and fro single second AC rail fare from the actual place of undertaking the journey or from the normal place of their residence whichever is nearer to Kanpur on production of Rail Tickets/Rail Ticket Numbers or any other proof of journey. Any discrepancy found between the information given in application and as evident in original documents will make the candidate ineligible for appearing in interview. Such candidate will not be paid any fare.
- The decision of the Institute in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of applications, mode of selection, and conduct of examination/interview will be final and binding on the candidates.
- The Institute reserves the right not to fill up the posts, cancel the Advt. in whole or in part without assigning any reason and its decision in this regard shall be final.
- Canvassing in any form and/ or bringing any influence political or otherwise will be treated as a disqualification for the post.
- NO INTERIM ENQUIRY OR CORRESPONDANCE WILL BE ENTERTAINED. 3. Relaxations:
- The upper age limit is relaxable upto 05 years for SC/ST and 03 years for OBC as per rule, on production of relevant certificate in the prescribed format signed by the specified authority at the time of interview.
- Upper age limit is also relaxable upto five years for the regular employees working in Institute laboratories / Institutes, Government Departments, autonomous bodies and public sector undertakings.
- Relaxation in upper age limit for physically handicapped and ex-servicemen will be as per rules
- Relaxation in age, over and above the stipulated limit, educational qualification and / or experience may be considered in case of exceptionally meritorious candidates or if sufficient number of candidates possessing the requisite qualification and/ or experience is not available to fill up the posts.
- Regular employees of IlTs who are educationally qualified and otherwise eligible can be considered for the recruitment up to 50 years of age.
Application Instructions :
- Eligible candidates are required to apply ONLINE/ OFFLINE through our website http://vvww.iitk.ac.in/new/RnD_Recruitment
- If the candidate does not have a valid email id, he/ she should create a new valid email id before applying online/ offline.
- Online Application will be available on our website from 10.11.2017 to 04.12.2017 upto 5:00 PM and Offline application will be available on our website from 10.11.2017 to 11.12.2017 upto 5:00 PM
- Candidates are required to arrange for a crossed Demand Draft for Rs. 500/ drawn on any nationalized bank and valid for at least 3 months in favor of The Registrar, IIT Kanpur payable at Kanpur. The last date for submitting online application and making of Demand Draft is upto 12.2017 and for offline application and making of Demand Draft is upto 11.12.2017. These dates will be same for candidates belonging to far-flung areas. The following details must be filled up on back side of the Demand Draft (i) Advertisement No. (ii) Candidate’s Name, (iii) Candidate’s Category, (iv) Post Code Applied For, (v) Serial Number. The candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWONVomen/Institute Employees (Iris)/ Abroad Candidates category are exempted from submission of application fee.
- In case of universities/institute awarding CGPA/SGPA/OGPA grades candidates are requested to convert the same into percentage based on the formula as per their university/institute.
- Successful online application is indicated by the page displayed after clicking Submit Button indicating the generated “APPLICATION NUMBER”. Please note down the same carefully and preserve it. If you do not preserve it, you will not be able to Re-print the Application.