The Reliance Group is India’s largest private sector enterprise, with businesses in the energy and materials value chain. Group’s annual revenues are in excess of US$ 73bn. The flagship company, Reliance Industries Limited, is a Fortune Global 114 company and is the largest private sector company in India. Backward vertical integration has been the cornerstone of the evolution and growth of Reliance. Starting with textiles in the late seventies, Reliance pursued a strategy of backward vertical integration – in polyester, fibre intermediates, plastics, petrochemicals, petroleum refining and oil and gas exploration and production – to be fully integrated along the materials and energy value chain.
Job Title – Metal Oxide – Research Scientist
Requisition ID – 126025
Location – Maharashtra
Experience – 0-3 years
Job Description –
- Plan and conduct research programmes in metal oxide heterogeneous catalysis
- Prepare draft proposal for metal oxide heterogeneous catalysis research programmes.
- Project planning, design of experiments and scale-up
- Prepare charter for metal oxide heterogeneous catalysis research projects
- Prioritise and set milestones for metal oxide heterogeneous catalysis research program
- Understand the need of business/manufacturing requirement. Jointly work out strategy to provide research support.
- Decide newer approaches for analysis
- Acquire mastery in metal oxide heterogeneous catalysis research area
- Mentoring subordinates and ensure knowledge sharing with team
- Dissemination of learning from projects within metal oxide heterogeneous catalysis R&D area
- Monitor and audit compliance with applicable HSE procedures/ practices
- Conduct PSA and PSSR for the metal oxide heterogeneous catalysis
- Critical assessment of available information and data base
- Responsible for preparing research / analytical reports
- PhD in chemical engineering/heterogeneous catalysis/ Inorganic chemistry
- Characterization of raw materials and finish products required for the development of hydroprocessing catalysts by Advance Analytical techniques like XRD, XRF, DSC, TGA, ICAP, ICPMS, SEM, TEM, TPR, TPD,SA,GCs,GC-MS, 2D GC, HPLC, SIMDISH, RGA, TSTN, HPLC etc.
- Procurement of spare parts and consumables for the instruments in Hydroprocessing lab.
- Maintenance and AMC for instruments to minimise down time of instruments
- Organize facilities for experiments.
- Conduct literature survey.
- Work method development and SOP preparation.
- Review validity of analysis and test methods.
- Participate in benchmarking, generate quality technical reports/publications/ patents and external liaisons.
- Ensure achievement of set milestones for lab /pilot / scale-up studies.
- Identify need and initiate procedure for facility up gradation and new procurement
- Provide advanced technical support to refinery catalyst related issues.
- Work closely with the catalyst evaluation team for the selection of best VGOHT/DHT catalyst