IISER Kolkata PhD Organic Chemistry Job Recruitment
Applications are invited for the post of one Project RA contractual position for a CSIR sponsored research project “Development of Synthetic Methodologies by Photoredox Catalysis Based on Non-Covalent Interactions and Cooperative Catalysis” undertaken in the Department of Chemical Sciences, IISER Kolkata.
Project Name: Development of Synthetic Methodologies by Photoredox Catalysis Based on Non-Covalent Interactions and Cooperative Catalysis
Position: Project RA
No. of Vacancy: 1
- PhD in Organic Chemistry or equivalent degree with three years R&D experience as on the last date of application, evidenced from fellowship or associateship or from date of registration of PhD. PhD (Organic Chemistry) thesis submitted is also eligible for RA’ship. Selection in such cases will be subject to the condition that PhD viva-voce done & declared qualified for award of PhD/awarded PhD degree before the expiry of the validity of the award offer.
- The candidate must have at least one research publication in standard refereed journal as listed in Journal Citation Reports (JCR).
Desirable Qualifications: Working experience in the area of organic synthesis with exposure to photoredox and other redox-mediated synthetic techniques is preferable. Experience in performing Photo-physical studies, Cyclic Voltammetry, NMR spectroscopy and other basicspectroscopic techniques is also desirable.
Age limit: Maximum 35 years as on the last date of application. The upper age limit is relaxable by five years for SC/ST/Physically handicapped and women candidates and three years in case of OBC (non-creamy layer) applicants.
Salary: Rs. 47,000/- per month (without HRA)
- The last Date for the receipt of the application is October 19th, 2023.
- Applications enclosing attested copies of all testimonials/certificates and curriculum vitae should be sent to [email protected] within the application deadline. Please write “Application for the CSIR RA position” in the subject line of your email.
- Based on the first evaluation of applications received, only selected applicants will be notified by email to appear for an interview.
- No TA/DA is admissible for appearing in the interview.
- Date and venue of interview: Will be notified in the email sent to the short-listed candidates.
- Project start date: Will be notified via email to the selected candidate.
- The tenure of the post will initially be for 9 months but is likely to be extendable, subject to the performance of the candidate and the availability of funds.
Editor’s Note: IISER Kolkata PhD Organic Chemistry Job Recruitment. Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.