Govt CIAB Chemical Science Currently, the four major mandated R&D areas in hand at the institute are (A) Value Addition to Primary Processing Residues/ Wastes for Edible Products; (B) Valorisation of Crop Waste for Speciality Products and Chemicals; (C) Nutritionals, nutraceuticals and upgradation of value or use of bioproducts, (D) Biosynthetic technology/synthetic biology for low volume-high value products and industrial enzymes. To support and steer this mission, the institute requires following temporary research positions on stipendiary / fellowship basis:
For Research Associate
Ph.D in Chemical Sciences / Chemistry / Chemical Engineering / Biochemical Engineering / Environmental Engineering / Biotechnology from a recognized University / Institute and having at least one research paper in Science Citation Indexed (SCI) journal.
M.E./ M.Tech. in Chemical Engineering / Biochemical Engineering / Environmental Engineering / Biotechnology from recognised University/ Institute with three years’ experience in industry / research / teaching.
Agro waste valorization/ Biomass valorization, Process development of biomaterial.
The interested candidates may appear for a Walk-In-Interview on 01-09-2023 along with the application form available on the website www.ciab.res.in. The duly filled application form must be submitted at the time of the registration from 09:00 AM to10:30 AM on 01-09-2023. The candidates must ascertain their eligibility before applying, as ineligible candidates would not be interviewed.
Process of Engagement
The eligible applicants would be interviewed by a duly constituted committee. The committee would recommend the candidates, if found suitable, for consideration of the competent authority for engagement on purely on Fellowship/Stipendiary basis.
1. Incomplete applications and applications that are not in proper format may be summarily rejected.
2. The above research opportunities are open only to Indian Nationals.
3. Candidates applying for more than one position, should submit separate applications for each position.
• The applications should be submitted in the prescribed format that can be downloaded from the CIAB website: www.ciab.res.in.
• Completed applications along with photocopies of all the relevant educational and experience certificates are to be submitted at the time of registration at Center of Innovative and Applied Bioprocessing (CIAB), Sector-81 (Knowledge City), Manauli P.O., S.A.S. Nagar, Mohali – 140306, Punjab from 09:00 AM to 10:30
AM on 01-09-2023.
• All the positions are based at Mohali, Punjab but some works may be assigned to be carried out at outstations also.
• Relaxation of age for various categories (including woman candidates) shall be as per rules of DST and other Government of India agencies.
• If in any area no suitable candidate is found, no selection would be made in that case.
• No TA/DA etc. would be paid for attending the walk-in-interview.
• Candidates should bring their original documents for verification and one set of photocopy (for submission) of their all relevant certificates related to education, experience, publications, thesis/dissertations etc. at the time of interview.
• Candidates found eligible after scrutiny of applications post registration, shall be required to appear before a Selection Committee. Kindly note that in case there are substantial number of applicants, the Chief Executive Officer, CIAB reserves the right to devise such criteria as deemed fit to shortlist the candidates for the interview. If required, a written test may also be conducted to short-list candidates. The decision of the CEO, CIAB to conduct a written test shall be final and binding on all in this respect.
Govt CIAB Chemical Science Looking for latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow Rasayanika Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma job.