Applications are invited from bright and young students and researchers in
the above disciplines for availing this award. The lectures and discussions are at a
level appropriate for students/researchers in their early research careers. More
details of the meeting can be seen at www.lindau-nobel.org
Terms of Award:
The selected participants will be provided with International travel related expenses, local transportation, lodging (twin-sharing basis) and boarding for attending the Meeting. It is mandatory for the selected students to attend the complete full week programme in Germany as well as briefing meeting in Delhi prior to departure to Germany. The Indian team of selected students shall leave for Lindau from Delhi (after briefing meeting) and shall return back to Delhi after the completion of the Nobel laureates meeting. Personal or other visits by candidates to institutes other than the scheduled programmeduring the above period will not be entertained. The selected candidates will have to make their own arrangements for accommodation and transportation in Delhi for attending the briefing meeting at DST prior to the departure to Germany, if any. The charges for accommodation in Delhi and 2nd AC train tickets from the nearest railway station from their places of
residence to New
receipts/ train tickets as per the DST norms.
It is mandatory that the selected candidates should submit the reports on the
Lindau meeting after completion of the programmes and any information document
as and when required by DST within the time frame.
No escorts/ accompanying persons will be allowed with the participants and
no request for personalized progamme during this period would be considered in
any case. The applicants would also not be allowed to withdraw the nomination
i. Only Indian science students (by citizenship) studying/ working/ affiliated to research Institutes/ universities in India are eligible.
ii. Engineering /Tech. students are not eligible.
iii. Indian students studying and doing post-doc/internship/or staying in
Germany / abroad are also not eligible for this award.
There are three categories ofparticipants to be nominated:
A. Master Students
B. Doctoral Students
C. Young Post-doctoral researcher below the age of 35 years
All selected participants shall-
- show a genuine interest in science and research,
- show a strong commitment to their principal field of studies and to the
- receive strong support of their application by their academic advisor and/or by internationally renowned scientists, through a detailed letter of recommendations,
- be fluent in English, capable ofactive participant in discussions,
- belong to the top Three of their class in the order of merit
- not already have a permanent position (Scientist and researchers with
permanent/ regular position- particular at lecturer/ professor level (adhoc
and/or permanent) will, in general, not be admitted to the meetings),
- not older than35 years of age as on 30 June 2024,
- not have participated in the previous Lindau Meetings,
- deliver fully completed applications to DST and after short listing by DST,
the online application to Lindau website (incomplete applications shall be
out right rejected),
- Commit themselves to being present for the full duration ofthe meeting.
Additional eligibility requirements in each category are:
Category-A: Master Students, who
• Exhibit a solid general knowledge inPhysics
• Have done some practical work and/or have laboratory experience
• Should be among top three in the order of merit in the class for 1st year of
MSc or in 4 th year of 5-year integrated master’s programme. Rank certificate from the Head of the Department is to be provided with application.
Category-B: Doctoral Students, who:
• Show excellent academic accomplishments
• Have produced some very good research work (list of publications to be
provided as proof)
• Must have completed two years from the date of registration for PhD
• Should be among top three in the order of merit in M.Sc
Category-C: Postdoctoral scientists, who:
• Have up-to 5 years of postdoctoral experience (optimum about 2-3 years
after doctoral degree)
• Have published results ofown scientific research in refereed journals,
preferentially as 1st author,
• Have presented their work at international scientific meetings, preferentially as lecture.
• Should be among top three in the order of merit in M.Sc
A complete application consists of:
a) One complete set of original application duly forwarded by Head of the Institute,
in prescribed format (Annexure-I) along with one set of photo copies of the awards/certificates substantiating the information provided in the application
b) At least one letter ofreference from an academician or acquainted with the
c) Soft copy of the application form in single PDF format onlyas email attached
[email protected] The softcopy will be used only for the evaluation purpose.
d) However, applications received by post on or before the last date will only
e) Applications by hand at DST will not be entertained.
f) Applications received after the last date of receipt of applications due to any
reason including postal delay or delay in forwarding by the concerned
forwarding authority etc. shall not be considered. No relaxation shall be given
in this regard.
The hardcopy of the complete applications must be submitted to us latest by 1700 Hrs on 30th September 2023 to:
Dr. Sibashisa Dash
International Cooperation Division
Room.No-18D, S&T Block-1
Department of Science and Technology
Technology Bhawan, New Mehrauli Road,
E-mail: [email protected]
View Notification Below
Editor’s Note: Great Opportunity For Masters, Great Opportunity For Masters, Great Opportunity For Masters, Great Opportunity For Masters, Great Opportunity For Masters Looking for latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow Rasayanika Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma job.