Momentive Chemistry Job – PhD Lead Analytical Scientist Post
Dont forget to check out possible interview questions for this job below
Momentive hiring PhD Chemistry job opening 2023, Chemistry Associate-HazCom job opening 2023, Lead Analytical Scientist job opening 2023, PhD job opening 2023, Lead Analytical Scientist post vacancy at Momentive. Candidates with masters in chemistry may apply for the job vacancy
Job Title: Lead Analytical Scientist
Location: IN Bangalore
- Ph.D. in Analytical/Organic Chemistry with 1-2 years of postdoc experience from reputed Universities/Institutes
- 5-8 years of experience in relevant industry with domain expertise in Liquid Chromatography and Spectroscopy (Mass, FT-IR) techniques
- Excellent knowledge in analytical characterization aspects of monomers, oligomers, Silicones, organic polymers and formulations
- Analytical chemistry experience with demonstrated ability in leading multiple projects and stakeholders management
The position incumbent will be part of technology function, contribute to strategic growth initiatives of Momentive, responsible for driving analytical characterization aspects to enable development of new technology and commercialization of products.
- innovative analytical solutions (HPLC, GPC, LCMS, FT-IR)
- Solve technical challenges, generate technical insights and structure-property relation with thought leadership skills
- Develop new analytical methods, lead translation and validation of QC protocols by partnering with Plant QC teams across global sites
- Provide timely analytical feedback to multiple programs in alignment with internal customer needs to meet projects milestones
- Communicate effectively with cross-functional teams and global stakeholders to update project results and status
- Ability to generate high quality technical reports and publications
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders from product, process tech., QC, and global technology teams
- Ability to train and supervise new associates within team
- Good knowledge on maintenance and calibration of analytical instruments
- Active engagement and adheres to lab safety practices in day to day activities
Important Interview Questions and Answers for the above job role:
- Can you tell us about your experience with liquid chromatography and spectroscopy techniques?
Answer: Yes, I have 5-8 years of industry experience with domain expertise in Liquid Chromatography and Spectroscopy (Mass, FT-IR) techniques. I have also completed a Ph.D. in Analytical/Organic Chemistry with 1-2 years of postdoc experience from reputed Universities/Institutes.
2. How do you stay updated with the latest analytical characterization techniques and technologies?
Answer: I am an active member of professional organizations and attend conferences and seminars regularly. I also read industry publications and network with other professionals in the field.
3. Can you provide an example of a challenging project you have worked on and how you approached it?
Answer: One project that comes to mind is developing new analytical methods for a complex polymer formulation. I approached it by collaborating with cross-functional teams and gathering insights from industry experts. We were able to successfully develop a new method that significantly improved the analysis of the formulation.
4. How do you ensure that your analytical work meets project milestones and internal customer needs?
Answer: I prioritize clear communication with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to understand project goals and timelines. I regularly provide timely analytical feedback and work to align our work with the needs of internal customers.
5. Can you discuss your experience with training and supervising new associates within a team?
Answer: Yes, I have experience with training and supervising new associates within a team. I prioritize clear communication and providing ongoing support to ensure that new team members are set up for success. I also work to create a positive team culture that encourages collaboration and learning.
Editors Note: Momentive Chemistry Job Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.f