CIAB Chemical Science Job Vacancy 2020 – Jr Research Fellow
Center of Innovative and Applied Bioprocessing (CIAB) is an autonomous national institute under the Department of Biotechnology (Govt. of India). This futuristic innovation institute of its own kind in the country has a mission of advancing knowledge, leads and emerging technologies/processes relevant to the agri-food sector towards applications and products. It aims to link them with societal benefits through catalysing/promoting entrepreneurial
action around bioprocesses, bio-products, value-addition to bioproducts etc. with special reference to the agrifood sector. Currently, the four major mandated R&D areas in hand at the institute are (A) Value Addition to Primary Processing Residues/ Wastes for Edible Products; (B) Valorisation of Crop Waste for Speciality Products and Chemicals; (C) Nutritionals, nutraceuticals and up-gradation of value or use of bio-products, (D) Biosynthetic technology/synthetic biology for low volume-high value products and industrial enzymes. To support and steer this mission, the institute requires following tempora
JUNIOR RESEARCH FELLOWS (WITH OWN FELLOWSHIP) – Multiple Positions
Age limit – 28 Years
Fellowship – As per fellowship awarding agency.
(i) M.Sc./M. Tech./M.E./B.E./B.Tech in Chemical Sciences / Pharmaceutical
Sciences / Chemical Engineering or related field from a recognized University /
(ii) having their own fellowship granted by CSIR/UGC/DBT/DST/ICAR/ICMR or other funding agencies.
Note: Those appearing in the final year of Master’s examination and have been conferred fellowship from any of the above-mentioned agencies, may also be considered. However, if selected, they will be required to provide proof of degree completion (provisional/original) and Fellowship Award Certificate before joining.
The interested candidates may send their filled-in application form (available on institute’s website) along with self-attested photocopies of relevant education, experience, caste (if applicable) certificates by e-mail only to: [email protected]. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview. Please note that no hard copy of application is required at this stage.
Process of Engagement
The applications received will be screened by a committee for shortlisting the candidates for interview on monthly basis. The eligible applicants would be interviewed by a duly constituted committee. The committee would recommend the candidates, if found suitable, for consideration of the competent authority for engagement on Fellowship/Stipendiary basis. Provisions of registration for Ph.D exist at Universities/Institutes having MoU with CIAB subject to scholar’s tangible performance, promise, academic suitability, etc.
1. Incomplete applications and applications that are not in proper format may be summarily rejected.
2. The above research opportunities are open only to Indian Nationals.
3. Candidates applying for more than one position, should submit separate applications for each position.
• The applications should be submitted in the prescribed format that can be downloaded from the CIAB website: www.ciab.res.in.
• Completed applications along with self-attested photocopies of all the relevant educational, experience, caste (if applicable) certificates should be sent by e-mail only to: [email protected]
• Please note that no hard copy of the application is required at this stage.
• All the positions are based at Mohali, Punjab but some works may be assigned to be carried out at outstations also.
• Relaxation of age for various categories (including woman candidates) shall be as per rules of DST and other Government of India agencies.
• If in any area no suitable candidate is found, no selection would be made in that case.
• Candidates found eligible after scrutiny of applications shall be required to appear before a Selection Committee.
• Kindly note that in case there is a substantial number of applicants, the Chief Executive Officer, CIAB reserves the right to devise such criteria as deemed fit to shortlist the candidates for the interview. The decision of the CEO, CIAB shall be final and binding on all in this respect.
Last Date To Apply: 30th November 2020
View Main Notification
Editors Note: CIAB Chemical Science Job Subscribe to Rasayanika for latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Whatsapp and subscribe to our youtube channel for latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.