Associate Investigator Post for PhD Chemistry Candidates @ DuPont
Associate investigator position is vacant for phd chemistry candidates at DuPont. DuPont is hiring for investigator post. Chemistry candidates are encouraged to apply online at DuPont for a Associate Investigator position as per the details given below:
Job Title: Staff Associate Investigator
Requisition ID : 192717W-01
Location : Hyderabad, Telangana
This position is located in Dupont Knowledge Center (DKC) Hyderabad. The successful candidate will utilize his /her organic synthesis, physical organic chemistry and his / her problem solving skills to improve the process for manufacturing existing actives and intermediates, to troubleshoot process issues and to transfer existing or new technologies to manufacturing plants.
Key Responsibilities & Competencies
- Supports the implementation of projects through pilot and scale-up work and process engineering expertise partnering with internal and external resources.
- Participates in the plant upset investigations.
- Author of Technology Package for actives and intermediates.
- Support and problem solve ongoing manufacturing and production opportunities.
- Conceive and develop novel synthetic routes to target product molecules (organic, inorganic, and catalytic).
- Conceive, define, and demonstrate unit operation processes.
- Qualify new raw materials.
- Generate and analyze data to independently solve organic synthesis problems.
- Utilize and interpret data from NMR, GC, HPLC, and Mass-Spec.
- Basic general knowledge of engineering issues relative to scale up (agitation, mixing, crystallization, heat transfer, separation techniques and issues) desired.
- Individual must be able to problem-solve by generating novel ideas and by creatively applying existing technology
- Participates in the plant improvement process to identify, characterize, and evaluate individual opportunities.
- Develops and executes research projects to fulfill business objectives.
- Remains current with literature to assure that the most modern technology is either being implemented, or at least, evaluated/ understood.
- All projects are conducted in a team-based environment. Success is achieved through the effective leveraging of cross-functional resources. The individual must interact well with others and be
- able to build & sustain effective relationships
- The person must be able to work independently to achieve results. Assistance will be
- provided in defining and prioritizing goals; however, the individual must show initiative in
- planning and working to meet the defined objectives.
- All projects are managed by teams of varying size. Cooperation and contributions to meet team
- objectives is critical.
- Successful candidate would have some of the following typical goals:
- Responsible for setting up experimental apparatus and conducting experiments.
- Responsible for gathering experimental data from a variety of unit operations in both lab and manufacturing setting
- Responsible for utilization of analytical methods to characterize products, raw materials, and in process samples.
- Responsible for generation of multi-step campaigns to produce large business samples.
- Responsible for proper documentation of all research data.
- Responsible for meeting the company EHS&S compliance needs.
- Responsible for project team interactions.
- Responsible for meeting agreed upon project team goals and timelines.
- Ability to work both closely with other team members internal or external to the company from various disciplines (Chemist, Engineer, and Technician) as well as the ability to work independently as as
Key Interactions with Other Roles
- Works with the Portfolio Technology Leaders to understand the business technology and improvement strategy.
- Develops a strong network of relationships with Plant Operations internal or external, the Manufacturing Technology Organization, and other key functions such as R&D, Regulatory, Analytical, etc.
- Works with the Portfolio Technology Leaders and Manufacturing Leaders to provide technology inputs as needed
- Cycle time reduction
- Yield improvement
- Raw Material qualification
- Waste treatment optimization / Waste reduction
- Product quality
- New process development
- Technology transfer
- Minimal education required a Ph. D. in Organic Chemistry or Medicinal chemistry.
- A solid knowledge of organic synthesis theory and/ or chemical engineering principles.
- Good process development experience ( 5-8 years)