Applications are invited from Indian citizens for filling up the following temporary position for the sponsored project undertaken in the department of chemistry of this Institute. The position is temporary for 1 Year. Further extension will depend on the candidate’s performance and budget availability.
Project Code, Project Title & Funding Agency
1. RES/SERB/CH/P0203/1516/0015: “Enhanced single-molecule spectroscopy with tuned dipole antennas of end-to-end dimers of gold nanorods” (Department of Science & Technology).
Position & Salary
Research associate (RA) (1 post) with salary and benefits are as per with SERB guidelines.
Candidates must have PhD in chemistry/physics/electrical engineering and other related discipline from a reputed institute with at least one first author paper published in peer-reviewed international journal.
Additional Preferred Qualifications :
1. Candidates with expertise in spectroscopy.
2. Experienced with metal nanoparticle synthesis and characterization.
1. The candidate will be involved in synthesis and optical studies on nanorods and
2. The candidate will also be involved in maintaining and/or modifying an optical
microscopy set up.
How to Apply:
Candidates are also encouraged to apply for postdoctoral fellowships under various schemes of Govt. of India. Candidates may apply via https://goo.gl/forms/6p0eFBcU1i6A3fAE2 before September 20, 2017. The date of interview will be notified to selected candidates.
Application Deadline – September 20, 2017