National Institute Of Technology Silchar (NIT Silchar) is one of the 31 NITs of India and was established in 1967 as a Regional Engineering College in Assam. In 2002, it was upgraded to the status of National Institute of Technology and was declared as Institute of National Importance under the National Institutes of Technology Act, 2007.
Job Title: Temporary Faculty
No of Posts: 01
Salary: Rs.35,000 (Consolidated) per month (likely to be revised).
Qualifications: Ph. D with first class (60% marks or GPA of 6.5/10) at both Bachelor’s and Master’s level with Specialization in relevant discipline.
General Terms and Conditions:
- All Qualification and Experience will be recognized as on 01.07.2017.
- The appointment will be initially for 1 (one) Semester and may be extended for one more semester subject to fulfilment of eligibility criteria. Maximum duration of appointment in entire career for a person shall be limited to 5 (five) semesters.
- The number of posts depends on requirement of the institute. The Institute reserves the right not to fill any or all the posts advertised and to reject any or all the applications without assigning any reason.
- Canvassing in any manner would entail disqualification of the candidature.
- The decision of the Institute in all matters will be final. No correspondence /interim inquiries will be entertained from the candidates in connection with the process of selection.
- Candidates who will appear for interview will have to produce original documents (along with photocopy of each) in support of all the particulars mentioned in their application form along with 2 passport size photographs.
- Residential accommodation will be provided subject to availability.
- No TA/DA will be paid to attend the selection process.
- Candidates are advised to keep in touch with Institute website i.e. www.nits.ac.in for any information. No separate individual intimation/call letter will be sent in this regard.
- Selected candidates may require to join the post on or before 17.07.2017
- For any query please contact, Dean (F.W); Contact No. – 9957601712.
Interested candidates should send their application along with relevant documents to the following email address on or before 01.07.2017. Email: [email protected]
Click here for Application form
Walk in Details:
- Date of Interview: 11.07.2017
- Time of Interview: 9:00 AM to 10:30 AM
- Venue of Interview: RPC HALL, NIT Silchar
Application Deadline: 01-07-2017