Pharmacy Medical Writing Job at Parexel, Apply Online
Pharmacy Medical Writing Job at Parexel, Apply Online. Interested and eligible applicants can check out all of the details on the same below:
Parexel is a leading global biopharmaceutical services company that works with clients to accelerate the development of innovative drug therapies. With a focus on research, consulting, medical communications, and technology solutions, Parexel helps deliver life-changing treatments to patients around the world.
Job Posting: Medical Writer II
Job ID: R0000017558
Category: Medical Writing
About this Role
- Responsible for management of scheduled and unscheduled aggregate reports including but not limited to Periodic Safety Reports (PSRs) including Periodic Safety Update Reports (PSURs), Periodic Benefit-Risk Evaluation Reports (PBRERs), Addendum to Clinical Overviews (ACOs), Semi-Annual Safety Reports (SASRs), Corporate Addendum Reports, United States Periodic Adverse Drug Experience Reports (PADERs), Development Safety Update Reports (DSURs), Annual Risk-Benefit Evaluation (ARBE) report, Risk Management Plan (RMP), Safety statements, Health Hazard Evaluation (HHE), Drug Safety Report (DSR), Clinical Overview (CO), Safety Evaluation Report (SER), Investigational New Drug Annual Report (INDARs) as well as preparing document of comparison between local and global labeling document (if applicable) and checking of International Non-proprietary names (INNs) for inclusion in a PSR as per client requirements and signal detection and management (where applicable).
- Generating Line Listings, creating drug lists/drug folders, performing regulatory submissions, tests electronic submissions gateways, and tracking compliance monitoring of submissions in accordance with client/international conventions.
- Responsible for preparing the narratives associated with the client’s/sponsor’s products from clinical trials for Clinical Study Reports (CSRs) or in order to support any health authority requests in accordance with regulatory and client’s/sponsor’s requirements.
- Scheduling and coordinating meetings/ Drafting meeting agendas and minutes/Tracking action items and soliciting follow-up for open issues.
Note: The below statements describe the general nature and level of the work being performed and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities required for the position. Responsibilities vary as applicable.
- Preparing/updating/merging RMPs/Company Core-RMPs (CC-RMPs), preparing a health authority response document along with RMS update in accordance with client requirements/conventions and SOPs.
- Managing scheduled and unscheduled aggregate reports including but not limited Periodic Safety Update Reports (PSURs), Periodic Benefit Risk Evaluation Reports (PBRERs), Addendum to Clinical Overviews (ACOs), Semi-Annual Safety Reports (SASRs), Corporate Addendum Reports, United States Periodic Adverse Drug Experience Reports (PADERs), Development Safety Update Reports (DSURs), Annual Risk- Benefit Evaluation (ARBE) report Safety statements, Health Hazard Evaluation (HHE), Drug Safety Report (DSR), Clinical Overview (CO), Safety Evaluation Report (SER), Investigational New Drug Annual Report (INDARs), comparison document between local and global labeling document (if applicable) and checking of International Non-proprietary names (INNs) for inclusion in a PSR as per client requirements and conventions and SOPs.
- Conducting critical appraisal and systematic review of literature with a focus on background epidemiology, specifically information on the incidence, prevalence and risk factor in patient populations, for inclusion in drug Safety Reports and RMPs.
- Providing input and developing literature search strategies for the epidemiology section of safety reports.
- Applying epidemiological methods and calculations to data available in literature to support the background rates of the issues under evaluation for the safety reports.
- Generating Line Listings for submissions/ to identifying discrepancies and ensuring resolution of the discrepancies.
- Revising document drafts based on the review comments from team members to ensure inclusion of all relevant input.
- Ensuring that all work is complete and of high quality prior to team or client distribution. Confirm data consistency and integrity across the document.
- Performing aggregate report compliance activities including quality review to check the data/facts and internal consistency across various type of aggregate reports including but not limited to PBRERs, Ad hocs, HHEs, LJDs, tables, RMP, Pharmacovigilance System Master File (PSMF) document (as applicable).
- Distributing of final reports to the stakeholders including partners, affiliates and submission to health authorities, according to the agreed timelines, distribution lists and email templates (as required).
- Scheduling and coordinating meetings/ Drafting meeting agenda and minutes/Tracking action items and soliciting follow-up for open issues.
Clinical Study Report Narratives
- Coordinates and liaises with the members of Study Management Team (SMT)/Study In-charge or equivalent, to discuss the narrative template development process, narrative categories and review of the narratives (as required).
- Serves as primary client contact for narrative writing for an assigned study, agreeing/negotiating deliverable timelines, and addressing/resolving any narratives related issues (as required).
- Prepares clear and accurate narratives based on Clinical Database and Safety Database outputs provided by the client and ensures their appropriate medical cohesiveness and assessment in accordance with the client’s and Parexel’s conventions/guidelines and Standard Operating Procedure.
- Performs quality checks on the drafted narratives as required.
- Ensures the work is complete and of high quality, including final quality control checks, compilation and formatting.
- Provides CSR narrative review support to the SMT where requested.
Signal Detection and Management
- Perform signal detection review and analysis (qualitative and quantitative) from various sources e.g. regulatory authority database, client database, literatures, regulatory authority websites etc.
- Responsible for the end-to-end signal management process (i.e. signal tracking, signal assessment/data analysis, leading review meetings, presenting, etc.) in collaboration with the GSO.
- Conduct/support signal detection and evaluation activities according to SOPs and guidelines.
- Maintaining a good working knowledge of the adverse event safety profile of the assigned drugs, labeling documents, client’s guidelines, procedures and SOPs, and international drug safety regulations.
- Maintaining an awareness of global regulatory reporting obligations and organizing workload to ensure compliance with internal and regulatory timelines for the adverse event reporting.
- Maintaining a good working knowledge of the assigned Clinical studies for narratives.
- Ensuring that all work is complete and of high-quality.
- Attending/conducting internal, drug safety and project-specific training sessions.
- Preparation for, participation in, and follow up on audits and inspections.
- Maintaining an awareness of the performance metrics measured by the client and striving to remain within established limits.
- Delegating work as appropriate to Associate Medical Writer and Medical Writer I.
- Striving to enhance client satisfaction based on feedback provided by the client.
- Imparting project-specific trainings to the new starts as required.
- Serving as the primary client contact, liaising and collaborating with the relevant function at the client’s end to facilitate the delivery of high-quality work.
- Evaluating and incorporating reviewer comments in draft reports and liaising with relevant contributors for resolution of comments.
- Mentoring new recruits in the team, if required.
- Archiving the source documents and relevant emails as required.
- Responding to clients/customers in a timely manner.
- Participating in departmental or interdepartmental process improvement and training initiatives (if required).
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal / written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a team environment.
- Client-focused approach to work.
- Ability to evaluate data and draw conclusions independently.
- A flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and new learning.
- Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritize workload with attention to detail.
- Ability to understand all necessary steps in a project, plan steps ahead, and identify critical paths.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Computer proficiency, IT skills, the expertise and an ability to work with web-based applications, and familiarity with the Windows Operating system and the MS Office suite (Word/Excel/PowerPoint).
- Capability to make concise, accurate and relevant synopses of medical text and data, and the ability to write unambiguous medical text
- Typing and transcription accuracy
- Awareness of global culture and willingness to work in a matrix environment
Knowledge and Experience:
- Relevant experience is desirable in Regulatory/ Pharmacovigilance or related field.
- Good knowledge of medical terminologies
- Science/Medicine degree: The minimum qualification required would be a university degree in life Sciences/ Health or Biomedical Sciences (Pharmacy, microbiology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Biophysics etc.)
- A degree in Medicine/Dentistry/Physiotherapy/Experimental Medicine/Nursing, which involves patient exposure in hospital-based environment, would be an advantage
Editor’s Note: Pharmacy Medical Writing Job at Parexel, Apply Online. Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more. Pharmacy Medical Writing Job at Parexel, Apply Online.