Job Posting: Regulatory Affairs Manager
Time Type: Full time
Posted on: Posted 4 Days Ago
Job Requisition ID: R2718817
About the Company
Our company is a leading pharmaceutical company that operates in the India/Srilanka/Nepal/Maldives market. We are dedicated to providing high-quality healthcare products and improving the well-being of individuals. As a Regulatory Affairs Manager, you will play a crucial role in ensuring compliance and regulatory submissions for our product portfolio.
The Regulatory Manager is a scientific leadership role that leads the regulatory activities involved in the India/Srilanka/Nepal/Maldives market. The role provides the regulatory strategies, and regulatory submissions of new products for various brands in Rx/OTC/Food supplements in support of the new and existing portfolio. The role also manages the regulatory compliance and data needs including regulatory quality compliance, regulatory database updates and maintenance, etc. Support the portfolio approach for Science value creation ensuring clear priorities are defined and delivered within the areas of responsibilities. Ensure the vision for the country activities is delivered within timelines agreed.
The Regulatory Manager will:
- Provide regulatory strategies for brand & innovation in accelerating new products/packaging/claims for the markets
- Ensure compliance of the existing CHC portfolio, effective and timely approval of all marketing authorizations, maintenance, provide appropriate input on the development of new products.
- Ensure high quality submissions within timelines agreed with country head, business and/or health authorities
- Optimize on cross-functional support within the organization, ensuring effective communication with the Medical, Marketing and business teams to deliver on all priorities.
- Ensure they maintain and develop their regulatory skills and keep up-to-date with the regulatory environment by appropriate trainings. Learn from other team members.
- Regulatory Compliance
- Ensure product packaging and associated information are updated, timely implemented and maintained in accordance with the current product licenses.
- Ensure that Marketing Authorizations are updated in line with Company Core Safety Information according to Corporate requirements
- Ensure compliance and training to all mandatory SOPs is completed
- Ensure quality and compliance of local regulatory activities in line with corporate policies, national regulations. Ensure maintenance of regulatory databases.
- Actively follow the development and emergence of new regulatory requirements and assess their impact on the existing products and in development.
- Review and approve promotional and non-promotional materials ensuring their compliance with local regulations, code of conduct, and internal guidelines. Coordinate review with the responsible functions in the country. Ensures consistency and conformity to the various published guidelines – Sanofi, Legislation, and Industry code, as applicable.
- Liaison with local manufacturing facility in connection with all aspects that affect the dossier held by the relevant Regulatory Authorities.
2. Portfolio Management and Optimization
- Support the management of the local maintenance activities and ensure compliance of the marketed product portfolio in the countries in scope.
- Manage the preparation of local dossiers for the products under development and territory extensions
- Prepare and submit dossiers for local OTC switches
- Ensure that best efforts are provided to get timely approvals of dossiers and all risk mitigation plans are in place to avoid any undue risk to business, in partnership with CSH.
- Provide RA input to product portfolio optimization and product pruning at affiliate level and give RA input to global product portfolio optimization strategies and constantly and proactively engage with HAs
- Conduct regulatory due diligence for business collaborations
3. Drug & Food Supplements Development and Risk Management
- Drug Development: Provide regulatory inputs to Global/regional/local teams for new development with regards to local needs (CMC requirement, labeling, clinical trials).
- Risk Management: Co-ordinate the local health authority approval and implementation of risk management plans and educational material.
- Ensure public availability of current approved product information for risk minimization (SmPC, educational material, PIL, compendia)
4. Regulatory Database
- Lead the compliance of the regulatory registration database.
- Ensure regular tracking and closure of submissions in local trackers and global databases.
Qualification: Degree in Pharmacy or Science Degree or relevant Academic qualification is desirable.
Experience: About 3-5 experience in Regulatory Affairs including managing India and South Asia markets.
- Good understanding of the consumer healthcare and pharmaceutical industry, drug development environment, and R&D processes and objectives
- Knowledge of the local Consumer Health environment (regulatory, regional Industry Associations, Public & Government affairs) including CDSCO, FSSAI, State FDA related activities
- Good knowledge of consumer healthcare regulations and requirements, Health Authorities regulations, and ability to evaluate the impact of those regulations within the drug development environment and to lead discussions of the requirements and its impacts within submission teams
Languages: Fluent spoken and written English
Link to Original Notification to apply:
Keywords: Regulatory Affairs Manager, Mumbai, Full time, Pharmaceutical industry, Compliance, Regulatory submissions, Drug development, Risk management. Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.