Chemical Science Post-Doctoral The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) has been recognised as an Institution of Eminence (IoE) by the Government of India. As a part of the IoE initiative, IISc has created the highly selective Raman Post-Doc Program. In addition, IISc also has a vibrant Institution of Eminence (IoE) Post-Doc program. The Institute invites applications for intensely motivated individuals with an established record of high-quality research, for the positions of Raman Post-Docs and IoE Post-Docs. Overseas Citizens of India (OCI), Persons of Indian Origin (PIO), and foreign nationals are also eligible to apply.
This is a rolling advertisement and candidates can apply any time during the year. A candidate applies for a specific Department or Centre at the Institute. The following are the Departments and Centres to which the candidates may apply.
Chemical Sciences: Inorganic and Physical Chemistry; Materials Research Centre; Organic Chemistry; Solid State and Structural Chemistry Unit.
Interdisciplinary Research: Centre for Biosystems Science and Engineering; Centre for Nano Science and Engineering; Computational and Data Sciences, Management Studies.
Other Interdisciplinary Centres: Centre for Infrastructure, Sustainable Transportation and Urban Planning; Divecha Centre for Climate Change; Interdisciplinary Centre for Energy Research; Interdisciplinary Centre for Water Research; Robert Bosch Centrefor Cyber Physical Systems.
Further details about the various departments and interdisciplinary centres, faculty profiles, academic programs, and areas of research are available at the departmental websites and also at (www.iisc.ac.in).
Qualifications and Experience
Ph.D. with First Class or equivalent (in terms of grades, etc.) in the preceding degree and a good academic record throughout. Candidates who have submitted their Ph.D. thesis may also apply along with proof of thesis submission. Candidates should preferably be less than 32 years of age at the time of applying.
The duration of the fellowship is one year. In exceptional cases, the duration may be extended by one more year.
C V Raman Post-Doc Position: Selected candidates will receive a consolidated monthly package of Rs. 1 Lakh (inclusive of HRA). In addition, they will receive a research grant of Rs. 8 Lakhs per year (of which travel can be up to Rs 2 Lakhs).
IoE Post-Doc Position: Selected candidates will receive Rs. 55,000 + HRA. In addition, they will receive a research grant of Rs. 2 Lakhs per year (Consumables, Contingency and Domestic Travel up to Rs 50,000). (The revision is with effect from 01/01/2023 and is applicable only to new offers on or after 01/01/2023)
- While filling the application form on the portal, the candidate should indicate whether the application is only for the C V Raman Post-Doc position, or the IoE Post-Doc position, or both.
- Candidates who have not yet defended their theses but are selected and offered the C. V. Raman Post-Doc or IoE Post-Doc, can join the Provisional RA position with a fellowship amount of INR 45,000 (consolidated) and no research grant. They will be moved to the Post-Doc position offered once the thesis is successfully defended and the PhD degree certificate or the provisional PhD degree awarded certificate is shared. The entire duration of their appointment, including the Provisional RA position, will be one year.
- Overseas Citizens of India (OCI), Persons of Indian Origin (PIO), and foreign nationals are eligible to apply.
- The Institute reserves the right to screen and call only such candidates for an interview as are found suitable. Thus, just fulfilling the minimum eligibility criteria would not entitle one to be selected.
- The candidate is responsible for the correctness of the information provided in the application. If it is found at a later date that any information given in the application is incorrect or false, the candidature/appointment is liable to be cancelled/terminated.
- Candidates are encouraged to contact the chair of their preferred department/s for additional information.
- Selected candidates are expected to carry out their research work and other duties at IISc only. Both the CV Raman and IoE postdoctoral positions are non-transferrable.
How to Apply:
Candidates must first contact a faculty member in the Institute who is willing to host the candidate. A consent letter or consent email is required from the faculty member as a part of the application package. Candidates should apply online using the Post-Doc application portal. The following documents are required along with the application.
(A) Curriculum Vitae with a list of all publications.
(B) PDF files of at least two and up to five important publications.
(C) Proposed research plan (up to 500 words).
(D) Consent letter or email from faculty member. Please get in touch with the faculty member directly and obtain the consent of the faculty member for hosting you, before applying on the portal.
(E) PDF file of PhD degree certificate, or provisional PhD degree awarded certificate, or PhD thesis submitted certificate.
(F) Any other relevant information the applicant may like to furnish.
For any further information related to this, please contact:
The Office of Deans of Divisions Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore – 560 012. Email: [email protected] Phone: +91-80-22932478; +91-80-22932286
Candidates can apply any time during the year. The applications will be screened, and a small subset of applicants will be called for an interview either in person or over video conference. All applications are reviewed once every three months around 31 March, 30 June, 30 September, 31 December of a calendar year. Candidates can expect a decision within 45 days of the aforementioned review dates.
Chemical Science Post-Doctoral Chemical Science Post-Doctoral Chemical Science Post-Doctoral Looking for latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow Rasayanika Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma job.