TIGS Hiring Job Opening for Research Assistant (Job Code – 18)
(All applicants must list Job code number in their application to be considered)
TIGS, founded in 2017, is a non-profit research institute that aspires to develop solutions to challenges in human health and agriculture. TIGS is a unique initiative to support applications of cutting-edge science and technology in genetics and genomics to solve societal problems of the country. The most significant challenges that impede the achievement of health equity and nutrition security for all of India’s population
require systematic evidence-based scientific advancements and technological solutions. Research programs at TIGS are focused on three broad areas: Infectious Diseases, Rare Genetic Disorders, and Crop Improvement.
TIGS is a program driven research institute with a focus on solving pressing societal challenges. We are seeking applications from enthusiastic candidates to join as Research Assistant in Rare Genetic Disorder Program.
Number of positions: 01
Roles and Responsibilities:
Research Assistant (JC – 18): Selected candidates are expected to perform:
- Execute research studies that contribute to the diagnosis of Monoamine neurotransmitter disorders
- The work involves working closely with hospital teams, acquire and process patient samples while
ensuring proper sample preparation, storage and documentation
- Contribute to the development of protocols and workflow
- Expected to have problem-solving skills and work independently as well as collaboratively with the team
MSc in analytical chemistry, clinical biochemistry, Medical Biochemistry, M. Pharm/M. Tech/ M. Tech (Pharm)
- Preference will be given to candidates with 1-2-year hands-on experience using HPLC, LC-MS, MS/MS in an industry or academic organization. Background in Bioinformatics. Experience with handling human blood samples and working in BSL-II facility
Skills required: Essential:
- Understanding of monoamine neurotransmitter system, neurobiology and related disorders, Molecular Biology techniques, Biochemical techniques, writing and communication skills
Duration: Initially for one year.
If you are a dedicated researcher with a passion to transform your research to clinical applications and excited to work in close collaboration with hospital teams, we encourage you to apply for the above research position and become part of our research team. Please send the following documents, with a clear reference to the job number listed above & to the following email address: [email protected]
- Cover letter with CV mentioning email, phone number and contact details of 2 referees
- Research interests and statement of purpose for this position (one-page max)
Please note, emails with only attached CV will NOT be considered. (Applicants must list Job no JC – 18 in their application to be considered).
Application Deadline: September 3, 2023