No: Advt/ IITT/CSRC/2023-24/07
IISER Tirupati JRF Recruitment Applications are invited from eligible Indian nationals for the Junior Research Fellow (JRF) post in a time-bound sponsored project undertaken in the Department of Chemical Engineering.
Job Title: Junior Research Fellow – 1
Eligbility Criteria: Master in Chemistry or Bachelor/Master in Chemical Engineering /
Mechanical Engineering/ Biotechnology/ equivalent discipline
NET/GATE qualified candidate will be preferred.
Project Title IKS center for Kalamkari art, natural farming, and food
preservation at IIT Tirupati
Sponsoring Agency Indian Knowledge Systems, AICTE, Ministry of Education
Salary Rs. 31,000 per month + HRA
Principal Investigator Prof. KSMS Raghavarao
Department/Centre Chemical Engineering
Tenure of Assignment Initially 6 months and will be renewed maximum up to 2 years based on the candidate performance and availability of funds
● May have exposure to experimental research on process/product
development, including equipment design
● Must be willing to work on standardized process for the preparation of natural dyes and dyeing process with mechanization to reduce the drudgery, characterization & standardization of the natural dye preparation process, including scale up
● Must be willing to work efficiently in a team environment, selfmotivated, field trips, and work under a variety of challenging researchconditions
● Must have good oral and written communication skills
● Must demonstrate the highest work ethics.
Nature of the Work Deciphering the chemistry behind the natural dyes prepared by
ancient traditional methods; Standardizing the natural dye preparation and dyeing process for ease of maintaining uniform quality, making them adaptable to changing temperature /weather besides documentation; Standardization of Kamakari dye
preparation and dyeing process, process demonstration, and training Participation in documentation, dissemination, and training generation mainly for tribal & rural youth
Age Limit Age limit- Not more than 30 years. (Relaxed for exceptional
Last date application 17 th August 2023
Eligible candidates must send a detailed CV (maximum 2 pages) specifying their qualifications and experience and a brief statement of purpose with advertisement number on or before 17th August 2023 to Prof. KSMS Raghavarao, Professor, Department of Chemical Engineering, IIT Tirupati
(Email: [email protected])
The statement of purpose must include responses to the following questions:
1. What motivates you towards pursuing the JRF position? (max. 200 words)
2. Describe your research interests in the advertised area. (max. 300 words)
3. Explain, how your prior research experience will be suitable for this project. (maybe explained using schematics, figures, flowcharts, and relevant references). (max 500 words)
The shortlisted candidates will be informed by Email only. Selection will be based on the qualification, experience, and interview. The interview and other logistics will be conducted via hybrid mode. The interview date will be notified to the shortlisted candidates by Email. The candidate may appear in the interview through video conferencing. IIT Tirupati reserves the right to reject any or all the applications
without assigning any reason thereof.
Note: No TA/DA shall be paid to candidates appearing for an interview online or offline. Selected candidates will need to join their duty within two weeks of acceptance of the offer for the fellowship
View Main Notification
IISER Tirupati JRF Recruitment Looking for latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow Rasayanika Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma job.