MSc Chemistry Regulatory Specialist Coca-Cola , check out the job description and apply below
Role : Formula & Regulatory Specialist
Location : Pune, Maharashtra IN
Job ID : R-80088
Time Type : Full time
Job Type :FullTime
Job Title : Formula and Regulatory specialist
Division : Commercial Products Supply (CPS) India
- Science or Engineering Graduate plus
- Diploma or Degree in Industrial Safety or Environment Technology and/or a Certified Safety Officer.
Key roles and responsibilities of the Formula and Regulatory Specialist role at Coca-Cola :
This position is a key role in the QSE team in the Plant and is the final custodian of the correctness of the Bill of Materials (BOM) & master data setup which will define the product made by the Plant is in accordance to the approved formula issued by Corporate through the Country of Sales Document (COSD).
The key focus of this role is to setup, review and cross validate BOM setup & master data in situation such as but not limited to new product launches /revised country of sale / reformulations / test packs / amendment to formula / changes to pack configuration/Bill of Material updates / textual changes on labels / discontinuation / supply point shifts / outside supply business and business continuity programs. The position will need to setup:
- Execute activities related to design, creation, extension, data consolidation and validation of master data.
- Responsible for data lifecycle management and providing relevant analytics to the Global MDM team
- Ensure In-process inspection for intermediates and finished products in SAP is correct
- Provide formulation information to Operations to create recipe andinput special intructions in the Standard Mixing Instruction (SMI).
- Ensure accuracy of manufacturing recipe in the Human Machine Interface program which control the batching of products.
Validate that the recipe and SMI will meet the design and capability of the equipment setup for manufacturing
- Generate the product label Master image and is the final approver for the accuracy of the product label to customers.
- Generate & review SDS to meet custom requirements for shipment of products.
In regulatory area –
- Provide regulatory expertise and serves as an internal consultant on regulatory issues and decision making relative to GHS, Customs and Heath authorities regulations and company specific requirements
- Liason with SRA BU, R&D and Corporate
- Leverage business relationships and influence leadership and operations to support, communicate and drive the execution of current and future program for regulatory compliance as well as provide technical expertise
- Work in collaboration with R&D in order to reduce time to market, improve productivity and flexibility, reduce complexity, logistics cost reduction, re-apply ideas & leverage intellectual property across the System, minimize write-offs, optimize product and packaging and increase equipment utilization
- This position will work very closely with the Product Portfolio & Global Master Data Teams, OU -SRA, TCCC- SRA to ensure effective execution of duties.
Key Duties/Responsibilities of the Formula and Regulatory Specialist role at Coca-Cola:
- Create, amend & cross Validate BOM
- Translate formula and technical review information into master data elements to be updated in SAP and related systems.
- Create, validate through audits, and maintain master data (material master, BOMS, Master Recipes, AFL) in the SAP R/3 production module for materials, raw materials, in process, finished goods and sales kits.
- Maintenance of Business Continuity Master Data for Contingency Supply Points to meet the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) requirements.
- Material Master Creation, Validation, Maintenance
- Creation & validation of correct Master data in various tabs of the Material Master, Recipe Master which include net and gross weight, storage condition, shelf life, alternate units of measurement and packing configuration.
- Upkeep and validate all formula assigned to the Plant through Country of Sales document (COSD) which is active and current.
- Data quality reporting (metrics and compliance) – Includes the design, execution and publishing of data quality and compliance scorecards.
- Create working note and get it approved.
FSSAI Licensing and compliance to food safety standards
- Lead FSSAI and other food regulations required for CPS Pune to company for its domestic and export business. License renewal, Modification, annual returns, fulfilling condition, inspections, addressing notices, etc.
- Ensure testing compliances, training and other records are maintained and up to date
- Read and interpret regulation and changes to it. Collaborate / align with OU SRA , TCCC SRA for statutory submission.
- Follow up with specific authorities in case of delays in import materials.
- Have good record keeping practice.
- Develop solutions for disclosures requested by Customs and Health officials
- Approve new statements provided to Customs and Health authorities concerning the composition of our ingredients and beverage bases with Corporate approval
- Customs Classifications
- Assign tariff codes for import of ingredients and export of finished products
- Give support in issues regarding tariff codes
- Provide support in contingency plans. Act as SME and liason with BU
- Give support to CPS, BU and bottlers in new requirements implementation involving CPS processes
- Coordinate the analysis and interpretation of the regulations and scope
- Provide guidelines based on Corporate validation
Support Food Safety System Management
- Lead GHS implementation for finished products, assuring accomplishment with country of sales regulations. Work in collaboration with R&D for reformulations to avoid not expected hazards
- Support to Allergen program and Validate Concentrate labels
- Identify safety, food safety, environmental and quality risks and/or opportunities, and apply problem solving tools to ensure conformance and continuous improvement of processes. Ensure the organizational knowledge maintenance.
- Value Design activities
- Provide flexibility and productivity, reducing time to market and costs through a draft prototype formula analysis
- Support new supply models according to business needs: acquisitions, supply point shifts, etc
- Improve supply chain through collaborative work with R&D on formula design, reducing operational complexity, ensuring supply continuity and optimizing costs before first manufacture
Finished product label approval 10%
- KO art work, Winshuttle and label template creation
- Setting up GLS Master data and ensure it is ok for production in CPS Pune
- Check with importing country SRA for any specific regulatory requirement on labelling.
- Provide information to Operation for creating the label template, verify the correctness of the template created and give the final approval for use.
- Communicate changes to the label to customer service.
- Coordinate relabeling activities brought upon changes in the product label.
- Maintain the approved label database.
Create SDS and other documentation requirement for shipping and custom clearance. 5%
- Check with importing country SRA for any specific regulatory requirement.
- Provide product information declaration, Certificate of Analysis or Conformance on the products to be shipped.
- Obtain the necessary regulatory document required by importing country such as health certificate or free sales certificate.
- Create the Safety Data Sheet (SDS) document for all the parts in the kits.
- Upkeep the SDS for active formulas assigned to supply by the Plant.
- Lead and/or participate in Formula and Regulatory projects in CPS Asia.
- Review and feedback KORE changes regarding Master Data in CPS Asia.
- Lead root cause analysis sessions to resolve non-conformance identified.
- Jointly work with R&D, Operational Excellence and Product Portfolio Teams in value creation initiatives (e.g. formula rationalization, formula change and ingredient substitution, etc.).
- Data Lifecycle Management – routine review of all master data object to identify and obsolete redundant data.
- Data analytics, mining and Reporting – as requested to support the business functions and processes.
- Support Development of Data Standards – working with the MDM governance team to design, implement and retrofit standards.
This position works closely with senior management and plant’s associates in providing safety & environment recommendations to comply with requirements. Interactions include, but not limited to:
Internal interactions : All functions
External interactions :
- CPS SRA / MDM Team
- Product Portfolio team
- Local Government Authorities for Food safety and FDA (as required).
- Third parties service providers
- Professional bodies / consultants/Third party labs to improve food safety regulations
Supervisory Responsibilities :
- No direct reports but need to have close co-ordination and collaboration with stakeholders
Related Job Requirements/Qualifications for Formula and Regulatory Specialist role at Coca-Cola :
- Master is Chemistry, or equivalent.
- Working experience – Minimum 6-8 years in manufacturing company in similar positions.
- Should have knowledge of Food safety and production line knowledge in CPS OR should know manufacturing workflows, knowledge of processes in food industry. Hands on SAP knowledge and MDM work experience.
- Company (“System”) knowledge, such as organizational structures, policies, Product
- Approval Request , Product Stewardship, Regulatory, customers(BU’s) and other stakeholders (suppliers and bottlers).
- The job requires accuracy, discipline, consistency, and pro-activity in all duties to deliver on time.
- Technical Knowledge – Good knowledge of central and local Govt. regulatory requirement related to food Safety, import and export related to food regulation.
- Knowledge of various labelling requirements of food items. GHS, GLS, Allergen, GMO, PICASSO,KORE, GMP, etc.
- Knowledge of food ingredients, packaging, Data analysis and reporting.
- Various standards like BIS, JECFA, Pharmacopeia, HALAL , KOSHER, etc requirements.
- Analytical Ability – Support in decision making by providing accurate data. about Trends, Internal auditing.
- Interpersonal relationships – Networking and Wworking with others. Shows respect, trust and good team member.
- Planning and Organization – Set priorities and organized for meeting timelines
- Influencing – Accepts other views and implement required solution yet in agreement of others. Takes the view of others.
- Ability to apply technical knowledge and establish credibility with highly technical audiences in order to build relationships
- Ability to recognize and protect proprietary information as it relates to formulas and ingredients
- Attention to detail and focused work with full concentration to avoid any error / mistake in MDM/BOM/ Recipe
- Decision making ability and effective communication,
- Collaborate and contribute to the success of the team, tolerance to stress, manage workload, take risks, and develop positive work relationships with external areas.
- Able to translate regulatory requirements into practical plan
- Able to benchmark with others operation and implement those best practices and error proofing Recommend solution or improvements to fix or prevent the problems from happening again
- Work requires the ability to analyze conceptual information and it involves the handling of complex organizational tasks.
- Requires action based on a high level of knowledge in a specific functional area.
- Work needs to seek for/develop several ways to approach to a problem/situation that is highly dependent on local circumstances and type/category of product
- Works requires to be creative to propose formula design changes based on experience and system knowledge, benchmark with other operations is also a source of ideas
Able to interact in English, Marathi and Hindi, internally and externally
1. Internal : Trains and leads CPS team to support and achieve on time MDM / Regulatory initiatives
2. External : Able to deal with OU-SRA, OU-Legal and regulatory authorities for compliance/ licenses , able to work with other plants or professional bodies to comply regulations , meet MDM timelines
Judgment and Decision Making MSc Chemistry Regulatory Specialist job :
- Typically need to comply with requirements with freedom to decide on, how to accomplish assignments.
- Results are achieved through the Influence on stakeholders. Knowledge and experience are key elements for independent action and to facilitate processes.
- Internal and/or external collaboration adds significant benefits to the Company through Value creation initiatives and to find solutions for regulatory issues
- Although final decisions may be taken by local management, a recommendation made by Formulas and Regulation specialist can lead to ingredients rejection or delay in New product Introduction.
- The rejection / delay may impact CPS supply chain customers and may trigger further actions within the system, including food safety awareness.
Normal manufacturing plant/office working conditions apply. Highly unlikely, it is possible that, this position is subject to hazards and risks of a food manufacturing plant such as noise, heat stress and hazardous chemical / ingredient.
This position will be primarily based at Pune, India with minimum travelling (maximum 5% of work time under normal conditions). Trips include occasional visits or training at other concentrate plants, bottling operations and training centers.
Skills required for Formula and Regulatory Specialist role at Coca-Cola :
- Product Launches
- Bill of Materials (BOM)
- Environmental Science
- Technical Knowledge
- Analytical Thinking
- Root Cause Analyses
- Food Regulations; Importing
- Food Safety and Sanitation
- Environmental Compliance
- Green Solutions
- New Product Introduction (NPI)
- Food Manufacturing
- External Collaboration
- Data Collections
- Continuous Improvement (CI)
Check out rasayanika for more updates
Here are some interview questions and potential answers for the Formula and Regulatory Specialist role at Coca-Cola :
1. Can you explain your experience with Bill of Materials (BOM) and Master Data setup in a manufacturing environment?
Answer: In my previous role, I was responsible for setting up, reviewing, and cross-validating BOMs and master data for various scenarios, such as new product launches, reformulations, and changes to pack configurations. I ensured that the BOMs accurately reflected the approved formulas and complied with regulatory requirements. This involved collaborating with cross-functional teams, including R&D, Operations, and Regulatory Affairs, to ensure the accuracy of the data.
2. How do you ensure accuracy and compliance when dealing with regulatory requirements in the food and beverage industry?
Answer: I have a strong understanding of regulatory standards such as GHS, Customs regulations, and health authorities’ requirements. I stay updated with changes to these regulations and interpret them to ensure our products are compliant. By collaborating closely with SRA teams, R&D, and external consultants, I ensure that our formulations, labeling, and other processes align with these regulations. Regular audits, testing, and record-keeping are also essential parts of my approach to maintain compliance.
3. Can you provide an example of a challenging situation you’ve encountered related to ensuring regulatory compliance? How did you handle it?
Answer: In a previous role, we were introducing a new product that had unique ingredients requiring complex regulatory documentation. To navigate this challenge, I closely collaborated with our internal regulatory teams and external consultants to thoroughly research and prepare the necessary documentation. This involved rigorous testing, accurate labeling, and obtaining the required certifications. By maintaining open lines of communication and staying proactive, we successfully launched the product while adhering to all regulatory requirements.
4. How do you approach data quality and accuracy in managing master data for materials and formulas?
Answer: Data quality is critical, especially in managing master data for materials and formulas. I ensure accuracy by implementing robust data validation processes, conducting routine audits, and utilizing data quality reporting metrics. Regular cross-validation and collaboration with cross-functional teams help identify and rectify any discrepancies promptly. I also maintain a systematic approach to data entry, ensuring that all relevant attributes are correctly inputted and aligned with the approved formulas and regulatory standards.
5. Can you share an example of how you’ve contributed to process improvement in a regulatory or data management context?
Answer: In a previous role, I identified inefficiencies in our formula review and approval process. To improve this, I collaborated with the Global Master Data Team to implement automation tools that streamlined data consolidation and validation. This not only reduced the time required for data entry but also improved accuracy and minimized the risk of human errors. The result was a more efficient workflow and improved data quality.
ALL THE BEST !
MSc Chemistry Regulatory Specialist job, MSc Chemistry Regulatory Specialist, MSc Chemistry Regulatory Specialist, MSc Chemistry Regulatory SpecialistMSc Chemistry Regulatory Specialist MSc Chemistry Regulatory Specialist, MSc Chemistry Regulatory Specialist Looking for latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow Rasayanika Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma job