Advertisement No. Acad/ PhD/Autumn Sem-2023-1 Date: 02.08.2023
IACS Kolkata PhD Program Applications are invited for regular full-time PhD students to the PhD Program in Autumn Semester of 2023 under different Schools, namely Applied and Interdisciplinary Sciences, Biological Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Material Sciences and Physical Sciences, of IACS (A deemed to be University). A candidate may apply to maximum two Schools by making appropriate selection in the Application Form.
1. 55% or equivalent in masters is mandatory for general candidates, while for SC/ST/OBC (noncreamy layer)/Differently-abled and other categories 50% marks is necessary.
2. Minimum eligibility criteria as per UGC rules. Qualification and eligibility requirements for
each School are given separately (vide infra).
3. Selection of the regular full-time students will be done on the basis of their academic record, their performance in the appropriate national level examination, and finally, their performance in the written test and/or interview as decided by the respective Schools.
4. Relaxation of the selection criteria for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-abled and other categories will be levied according to the norms of UGC and Government of India.
5. Merely satisfying the eligibility criteria does not guarantee that a candidate will be shortlisted for interview.
Fellowship: As per IACS/CSIR/UGC/INSPIRE rules.
Age limit: Should be below 28 years on the date of application. Age relaxation is applicable as per Government of India rule.
Nationality: The applicant must be an Indian citizen.
1. Applicants will be shortlisted on the basis of merit by the Schools. Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated via email and called for a written test and/or interview (to be decided by the School) for the final selection. IACS holds full right of choosing a candidate and even not selecting any, in case suitable applications are not received.
2. Vacancies given for each School are based on number of positions available in individual
research groups in different research areas. Selection depends on the past academic record, performance in examination/interview by the School and also the availability of posts in particular research areas as opted by the shortlisted candidate.
Application Procedure: Applicants may send their application form to the Academic Office, IACS ([email protected]) along with the filled up excel file, both of which are available at http://www.iacs.res.in/splcareerstudent.php by clicking “Application Form for admission to the PhD program” and “Synopsis of Applicant for admission to PhD program” respectively. Both documents should be sent together by email ([email protected]) to the academic office by August 13, 2023 with the subject line as “PhD Program, IACS – Autumn Semester 2023-1″.
Exact date and time of Admission Test/or Interview for each School will be announced on the IACS website.
Last Date of Submission of Application: August 13, 2023.
Tentative date of interview: August 17–25, 2023 which is subject to change according to the decision of IACS.
For further information in this regard, please contact Academic Office (Phone: 24734971; Extn:
2215, Email: [email protected]).
Application/Examination Fees: Rs. 1200/- (Rs. 600/- for SC/ST candidates) will have to be transferred electronically to the account of IACS (Name of the Account: Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science University, A/C no: 37739525415, State Bank of India, Jadavpur University Branch, Branch Code: 0093. IFSC: SBIN0000093). The electronic transfer reference number should be mentioned in the application form.
Mode of Payment: Payment can be made through either of the following options:
1) Directly by NEFT bank transfer if an applicant can avail Online Banking facility;
2) By depositing the amount at any SBI Counter having CBS facility.
Download Application Form
IACS Kolkata PhD Program Looking for latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow Rasayanika Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma job