IITB Chemistry Research Internship IITB Research Internship Award is designed to be an educational and professional research experience. These awards are available for specific research projects. The details of these projects are made available to the candidates so that they can apply for projects of their interest and can prepare themselves well for a rigorous selection procedure. The number of interns will be restricted to the number of projects available. The selected interns are required to work full time for four to six months on the project and will be given a fixed stipend of Rs. 15,000/- per month. On-campus accommodation cannot be provided. Candidates will have to arrange for their own accommodation.
- Chemical Engineering
- Should be in the Second year of a Masters program, or third / fourth year of a Bachelors program. Branch / discipline of study will be as per the project requirements specified by IIT Bombay Faculty (Internship Guide).
- Should be among the top 10% in all the previous years in your discipline in the College / University / Institute. A certificate from the Principal (in the prescribed format) to this effect will have to be submitted at the time of applying.
- Duration of internship four to six months between December and June
- Should be a full-time student while applying and till the completion of the Internship. You may submit a partial project report before (e.g., in April) the completion of the Internship (e.g., in June) if the academic calendar of your College / Institute / University requires you to do so, with the prior consent of the Internship Guide.
- Should be able to work full-time for the Internship. Part-time internship is not allowed. A certificate to the effect that there are no course work requirements during the internship period has to be submitted at the time of applying.
The selection procedure consists of preliminary screening of applications, followed by test/ interview. Selection depends upon consistently brilliant academic performance (relative rank in the class/University), work carried out by the student besides his regular academic work, participation/recognition in competitions such as Techfest, Olympiads, National Talent Search Exams, and performance in the interview.
Return train fare by the shortest route (IInd / Sleeper Class) will be paid to outstation candidates called for interview. You will have to submit the ticket for onward journey and photocopy of the ticket for the return journey.
The interns will have only IITB faculty as advisor.
Only one proposal from one faculty member will be considered
Suppose a faculty member has not received any intern for his proposal. In that case, he/she may select from the pool of applicants applied for other proposal belonging to his/her department by giving fair opportunity to all the candidates. This should be informed to all the candidates before interview.
A candidate who has not been selected for any other proposal should be selected.
On-campus accommodation cannot be provided. Candidates will have to arrange for their own accommodation.
1. For Queries :-
Internship Team (022-2159 3946)
Email id :- [email protected]
2. For Technical Issues (while filling the form):-
Software Team (022-25765949)
Email-id :- [email protected]
How To Apply:
The application process consists of an online application to be submitted through this webpage. A link to appropriate forms will be available here when the application process begins. Please read the description and eligibility criteria carefully before filling the application form.
For applying, click on the following link:
It is mandatory to register before filling the application form.
After clicking on the above link kindly click on the “New Applicants register here.”
Fill in the mandatory fields to get registered.
Login to fill the application form with your new username and password.
Please click on the last line mentioning IITB RESEARCH INTERNSHIP AWARDS 2023-24 (Please do not use this link for Position under Project given in Job Opportunities page)
The online application requires:
Uploading your statement of purpose (500 Characters) describing your interest in research and how diversity and this opportunity would advance your goals. Applications for internship must be accompanied by a statement of purpose answering questions such as: Why is an applicant interested in a particular project? What specific background, skills, and experience does an applicant have for the project? What is the applicant’s long term career plan? What role does this project play in it? What role does an internship at IITB play in the career plan? This list is only illustrative and the applicants are encouraged to think beyond these questions while writing their statement of purpose.
Start and Last Date for submission of Application form 1st August, 2023 – 30th August, 2023
Dates for Interview 3rd October, 2023 – 11th October, 2023
Joining of Internship 26th December, 2023 – 5th January, 2024
Duration of Internship Duration will be minimum four months to maximum six months from the date of joining.
IITB Chemistry Research Internship IITB Chemistry Research Internship Looking for latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow Rasayanika Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma job