Avient MSc Chemistry Job – Advanced R&D Chemist Post
Avient is seeking an experienced R&D Chemist, with a strong understanding of core chemistry to modify polymer performance, as part of Avient’s Corporate Technology Group. The Advanced R&D Chemist will be responsible for the research and development of sustainable polymer solutions that create value for our customers.
Job Title: Advanced R&D Chemist
Job location: Plot No. F-27, MIDC, Ranjangaon, Taluka- Shirur, Pune, India, 412220.
Eligbility Criteria and Experience:
- PhD / Master of Science or Technology in Chemistry, Material Science, Chemical Engineering or Polymer Science / Engineering
- 3 – 5 years’ Experience of industrial or academic research experience in chemical or plastics industry
- Strong skills in the scientific method and use of statistics for data-driven research
- Strong competencies in using Microsoft Word for documentation and report writing
- Strong competencies in use of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong team working and communication skills
- Knowledge & experience of polymer characterization/analysis
- Prior experience in a technical role within an innovation/R&D environment
- Knowledge & experience of analytical characterization techniques for rheological, mechanical and thermal properties of polymers
- Knowledge of the chemistry behind polymer stabilization and reaction pathways
- Working knowledge of polymer processes including compounding with twin-screw extruders, injection molding, and extrusion-blow-molding
- Experience in executing DOEs, and knowledge of relevant statistical software (StatEase, Minitab, SigmaPro or similar)
- The candidate will be required to present data and concepts to internal and external stakeholders regularly. Therefore, they must possess excellent presentation and communication skills, and be comfortable with public speaking.
- The candidate must demonstrate excellent project management and organizational skills required to develop detailed project timelines with key milestones and deliverables
- The candidate must be collaborative and work effectively across cross-functional teams to drive projects from lab-to-commercial scale.
- The ideal candidate is an independent thinker and self-motivated to address technical challenges.
Each position at Avient focuses on eight Core Competencies as a Leader of Self. Additionally, management positions focus on Leadership Competencies as a Leader of Others and/or a Leader of the Business. These competencies are designed to drive behavior that will ultimately help our associates excel at their current roles, while supporting individual and career development.
- Ability to speak/hear clearly to communicate by phone or in person.
- Ability to frequently stand, sit and walk.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Avient MSc Chemistry Job Looking for latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow Rasayanika Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more