CPRI Announces JRF/SRF Programme – Applications Invited
CPRI Announces JRF/SRF Programme. CPRI is a Research Centre affiliated with Visvesvarya Technological University (VTU), Belagavi, and Rastrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University (RTMNU), Nagpur. Applications are invited for Senior Research Fellow (SRF) and Junior Research Fellow (JRF). Under this program, an SRF/JRF gets the opportunity to work full-time at CPRI laboratories in Bangalore and other units of CPRI. Available laboratory, computational, and Library facilities are provided for carrying out the work on research projects undertaken by officials of CPRI.
Central Power Research Institute (CPRI) with headquarter in Bangalore and units located at
Bhopal, Hyderabad, Nagpur, Noida, Kolkata, and Guwahati, functions as a National Power
Research Organization for undertaking and/or sponsoring research and development projects in the fields of generation, transmission, distribution, and operation of electricity supply systems.
Senior Research Fellow (SRF): Ph.D. (Engg) (Chemical): Post Graduate in Engineering from any Institution / University recognized by AICTE with first class in the relevant area of specialization with a consistently high level of academic record, aptitude for research with valid GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) score.
Ph.D. (Chemistry): M.Sc. (Chemistry)/ M.Phil (Chemistry) with first class in the relevant area of specialization with a consistently high level of academic record, aptitude for research with valid GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) / UGC NET (National Eligibility Test) score.
Junior Research Fellow (JRF) (Chemical): Graduate in Engineering from any Institution / University recognized by AICTE, having a first-class with consistently high level of academic record, aptitude for research, and valid GATE score. Candidates who had applied against Advertisement No. CPRI/R&D/01/2021 need not apply again, as all applications received against both the advertisements will be processed together.
Selection: CPRI will shortlist the candidates for admission to M.Sc (Engg) / Ph.D. on merit, based on the average percentage of marks obtained in all semesters in the qualifying examination (Graduate/Post-graduate in Engineering/M.Sc), GATE score and marks obtained in a personal interview. Shortlisted candidates should apply to VTU/RTMNU through the “CPRI Research Centre” for admission to M.Sc (Engg) / Ph.D. Candidates who are declared eligible for M.Sc (Engg) / Ph.D., by VTU/RTMNU will be awarded Fellowship by CPRI.
Remuneration and other facilities:
1. SRF shall get Rs.30,000/- (Rupees thirty thousand only) per month
2. JRF shall get Rs.20,000/- (Rupees twenty thousand only) per month
3. JRFs/SRFs will be provided accommodation at CPRI quarters, subject to availability on
payment of nominal rent and subsidized canteen facility at par with CPRI officials.
4. SRF/JRFs are eligible for hike in fellowship upon meeting the stipulated performance
5. SRF/JRFs are sponsored to attend conferences to present technical papers
Duration of Fellowship is three (03) years for SRFs with a provision of extension up to one year in exceptional cases, based on the recommendation of the Committee appointed by the Competent Authority.
Duration of Fellowship is two (02) years for JRFs with a provision of extension up to six months in exceptional cases, based on the recommendation of the Committee appointed by the Competent Authority. If the performance of the JRF/SRF is not found to be satisfactory, his/her fellowship may be discontinued before the completion of tenure.
How to Apply:
1. Candidates may apply in the prescribed application form given in Annexure-II.
Completely filled in Application Form and all necessary enclosures may be sent in a sealed cover superscribed with ‘APPLICATION FOR JRF / SRF’ to ‘Chief Administrative Officer’, Central Power Research Institute, Prof.Sir C.V. Raman Road, PB NO.8066, Sadashiva Nagar P.O. Bangalore – 560 080’ on or before 08.10.2021.
2. Self-attested Copies of the certificates related to age, qualifications, caste, experience, etc., shall be submitted along with the application form.
3. Self-attested copy of a valid GATE/ UGC NET scorecard in the relevant area shall be
submitted along with the application form.
4. Self-attested copies of research publications in journals and conferences, if any, should be attached along with the application form.
5. One recent passport-size photograph shall be affixed to the application form.
6. A brief biodata of the candidate (not exceeding 1 page) shall be enclosed along with the
7. Candidates already working in any Government organization should apply through proper channel.
View Main Notification
Editors Note: CPRI Announces JRF/SRF Programme Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.