Dow Senior HazCom Specialist – Chemistry Candidates Apply
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth, asset integration and scale, focused innovation, and leading business positions to achieve profitable growth. The Company’s ambition is to become the most innovative, customer-centric, inclusive, and sustainable materials science company, with a purpose to deliver a sustainable future for the world through our materials science expertise and collaboration with our partners.
Job Title: Senior HazCom Specialist
Schedule: Full time
Job Number: R2016727
Qualifications & Experience
- Master’s degree in Chemistry, Toxicology Engineering, or related fields
- 3-5 years experience in the field of product safety/hazard communication. This includes GHS classification requirements
- Analytical, detail-oriented, problem-solving thinking
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer’s oriented mindset
- Data mining proficiency is a plus
- Knowledge of SAP EH&S Module is a plus
Note: Relocation allowance is not aligned with this role
- A robust total rewards program, including competitive base pay, variable pay that rewards the individual, team, and Company performance, and comprehensive benefits
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
Responsibilities / Duties
- Develop and implement complex tools, templates, and work processes documentation (HazCom standards, job aids, swim lanes, etc.) to comply with Hazard Communication regulatory requirements and company standards. This includes Safety Data Sheets,
- EH&S content for Labels, notification to C&L regional Inventories, etc.)
- Deliver expertise, develop complex technical training and coaching on HazCom work processes and tools (ERP Systems) across Dow functions and businesses.
- Represent the function during internal and external audits and inspections
Scan, interpret, and implement complex HazCom regulations
- Support complex regional advocacy activities and initiatives on HazCom subjects.
- Lead Hazard Communication expertise for EH&S Product Regulatory global matters (leverages beyond the workgroup) including ERP system updates and upgrades
- Lead improvement in small projects in existing global work process processes and tools
- Lead complex compliance issue resolution. Support EHS&S Integrated Services in resolution.
- The EH&S teams have a shared commitment to protect people and the planet by providing Product Safety services for Dow’s 6,000+ products.
- To strengthen our HazCom services, we are looking for a Senior HazCom Specialist to be located in one of the following locations: Mumbai (India), Terneuzen (NL), Milan (IT), Tarragona (ES), other EMEAI locations could be considered.
- In this role, you will be responsible for the development and implementation of tools, templates, and work processes enabling the cost-effective generation of compliant safety data sheets (SDSs) and label for Dow products in the markets served. You will provide consulting on hazard communication matters, including but not limited to SDS requirements, hazard classification, identification of substances of concerns in Dow products. You will also play a key role in providing regulatory intelligence support across businesses.
- As Senior HazCom Specialist, you will be responsible for the implementation of expert rules for the automation of the creation of certain SDS sections. Furthermore, you will lead projects (which includes SAP system updates) to comply with regulatory requirements such as GHS national implementations, Poison Center Notification Requirements, and other reporting requirements.
- In this role, it is key that you work autonomously within the boundaries of the work processes and that you are able to articulate complex matters with interdependencies with other teams.
Editors Note: Dow Senior HazCom Specialist Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.