Boeing Hiring Chemistry Candidates – Research & Technology Center
The Research & Technology Center team in Bangalore has an immediate opening for an Associate Research Engineer to support Research and Development in the area of materials and manufacturing technologies for aerospace applications. This candidate will participate in projects to support the development and evaluation of coatings, polymers, and associated laboratory synthesis, testing, and characterization. The selected individual will carry out research, in coordination with internal stakeholders, to address the needs of Boeing businesses.
Boeing Research & Technology (BR&T) is the preferred provider of technologies and innovation across the entire Boeing enterprise. We work across the complete product lifecycle of Boeing’s commercial aircraft, military aircraft, rotorcraft, space vehicles, UAVs, and advanced vehicle prototypes.
They provide innovative support for our current and future products and services, act as global scouts for innovative technologies, and solve our customers’ most difficult technology challenges. Boeing Research & Technology-India (BR&T-India) is part of Boeing India Engineering & Technology Center (BIETC, based in Bangalore) focused on innovation, and developing and transitioning new technologies in support of Boeing products and services.
Job Title: Associate Research Engineer
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka
Ph.D. in Chemistry or related disciplines. (Emphasis on Coatings & Characterization)
Relocation: This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Experience Level Individual Contributor
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Schedule Full time
- Responsible for development and evaluation of coatings material, polymers and sealants using different instrumental and analytical techniques. Analyzing data and documenting in form of the technical reports.
- Developing coating technologies that will improve manufacturing flow time, reduce environmental impact and improve aircraft performance.
- Implementing Boeing safety standards while working ensuring use of Personal Protective Equipment.
- Applying an innovative approach to solve issues and challenges in coating lifecycle including manufacturing, maintenance and repair.
- Protecting Boeing’s intellectual property by submitting invention disclosures timely manner.
- Working closely with teams of engineers located in India and in the US. Developing and maintaining relationships/partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, and partners to develop collaborative plans and execute on projects.
- Documenting results of research and development projects, and provide inputs for periodic updates to in the form of progress reports, project summaries, and other related documents. Tracking and evaluating performance to ensure product and process conformance to project plans and project requirements.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Be a self-starter who is not afraid to proactively seek information and direction to successfully complete the statement of work.
- Demonstrate strong written, oral, presentation and interpersonal communication skills. Be fluent in written and spoken English, and familiar with MS Office tools.
- Be self-motivated and able to work independently with a positive attitude and highest ethics
- Must be able to think proactively and work collaboratively with very strong teaming skills. Must be willing to work flexible hours (early or late as needed) to interface with Boeing personnel around the world.
- Should have the background to develop statistical, probabilistic and machine learning techniques for complex systems.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Polymers/ composite coatings
- Sol-gel coatings
- Organic Synthesis
- Functional testing – (Corrosion, Hardness, wear, fatigue, etc.)
- Metal Surface pretreatments
- Material and surface characterization
Editors Note: Boeing Hiring Chemistry Candidates Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.