IHS Markit Chemistry Research Analyst Vacancy – Apply Online
The Senior Research Analyst will work as part of a global team that is responsible for strategic, long-term market forecasts for the chemical industry. The position will support updates of chemical product supply/demand data and integrated long-term projections and scenarios using advanced analytics and models as well as related publications and consulting projects. The role is expected to expand with the continuing development of our applications and the creation of new commercial products, such as scenario capabilities, recycle modeling, and enhancements to our client user interface.
Job Title: Cause an effect at IHS Markit Research Analyst
Location: Gurgaon – Ambience
Required Professional Experience
2-5 years experience in advanced analytics, data research & market analysis, consulting or database management related to the chemical industry.
Required Education & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in chemical engineering, chemistry, economics, statistics, or business.
- Strong analysis and database manipulation skills, including the ability to creatively problem-solve as well as attention to detail.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office including advanced expertise in Excel. Familiarity with data visualization software and Python.
- Organizational skills that demonstrate the ability to handle multiple tasks and to effectively prioritize under pressure towards tight deadlines.
- Fluency in English, written and spoken at a business level.
Specific responsibilities include research and gathering of input data, ranging from production costs, freight and tariffs, capacity projects and historical production pertaining to the chemical and related industries. The senior analyst is expected to develop expertise in the preparation and execution of simulations, including the manipulation of control data, conducting output audits and the creation of data visualizations. The position will also support updates and enhancements of client deliverables and assist in the development of new commercial products.
The Senior Research Analyst will be part of a core global team and also work closely with colleagues from other product areas and business lines. The position requires expertise in advanced analytics, database management, research and analysis. A strong background in engineering or natural sciences, preferably chemical engineering or chemistry, is preferred.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Gain expertise in running model simulations and UI functionality
- Conduct research in support of supply/demand forecast updates
- Coordinate data and content updates with global team members
- Support review of simulation results
- Contribute to the timely delivery of commercial products to clients
- Support development of model functionality in cooperation with developers
- Assist with the development of new commercial products and enhancements of existing commercial products
- Support of related publications and consulting projects
Editors Note: IHS Markit Chemistry Research Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.