IISER Pune PhD Associate Vacancy 2020 – Application Details
IISER Pune PhD Associate Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Pune is a premier autonomous Institution established by the Ministry of Education, Government of India, for promotion of high-quality science education and research in the country.
Institute invites applications from Indian nationals having the excellent academic record for the following position purely on temporary and contractual basis under the funded project. Please read the advertisement carefully and then apply.
Post Research Associate (RA)
Number of posts 1 (One)
Project Title “Innovative Nucleoside Probes as Multifunctional Toolbox to Study RNA Structure, Dynamics and Function”
Funding Agency Wellcome Trust India Allianze under Department of Biotechnology
Project Code 30716255
Minimum educational qualifications
Ph. D. degree in Chemistry with First class in Masters in Science or equivalent degree.
Candidates who have submitted their thesis may also apply (Thesis should be related to Bioorganic / Medical Chemistry or Chemical Biology)
Preference Candidate should have a Ph. D. degree in Bioorganic or medicinal or chemical biology, good practical experience in synthetic organic chemistry, biophysics and should
have very good hands-on experience in cell culture and imaging.
Also, candidates with experience in nucleic acid chemistry, cloning, microbiology and molecular biology will be strongly preferred.
Desirable The incumbent should ideally possess good skills in synthetic organic chemistry and well versed with spectroscopy techniques to characterize small molecules as well biomolecules (e.g., nucleic acids). Should have hands-on experience in handling instruments like fluorescence, CD, HPLC, etc. This project will mainly involve the development of probes for understanding the structure-function relationship of non-canonical nucleic acid structures both in vitro and in cell models.
Tenure of the appointment Up to August 31, 2021, which may be extended subject to
continuation of the project and satisfactory performance
of the incumbent.
1) Rs. 47,000/- + 24% HRA per month
2) Candidates who have submitted their thesis but not completed defence (i.e. candidates without a provisional certificate of having qualified for the degree), will be designated as Senior Research Fellow (SRF) and paid Rs. 35,000/- + 24% HRA per month till the time of
submission of Provisional PhD certificate.
Age 1) Research Associate (RA): Not more than 35 years as on the last date of application
2) Senior Research Fellow (SRF): Not more than 32 years as on the last date of application
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should send the application by email in the prescribed format
available below this advertisement by email (convert into PDF Format) addressed to
[email protected] on or before December 11, 2020. Please mention “Advt.
48/2020” and “Research Associate” in the subject line of the email.
Kindly send following documents along with the application:
1. Completely filled application form
2. CV (with skills, publications and Ph. D. research summary)
3. Ph. D. degree certificate
4. One letter of recommendation from the Ph. D. supervisor.
5. Softcopy of certificates in support of educational qualification/s, experience/s and date
Note: Incomplete applications will not be considered
- Shortlisted candidates may have to present their Ph. D. thesis in the form of presentation (5-6 PowerPoint slides), which will be followed by an interview.
- List of shortlisted candidates for selection process with details of date & time will be put up on the institute website below this advertisement and the shortlisted candidates will be informed by e-mail only. Therefore, please mention the active Mobile Number and Email ID in the application form.
- Recent passport size photograph and photocopies of relevant certificates and other
testimonials in support of age, qualification, experience etc. will be collected and verified
at an appropriate stage.
General Information/details about the post
1. The appointment is purely temporary and will terminate automatically without any notice or compensation on termination of the project.
2. The appointed person shall have no claim of appointment/absorption in the Funding Agency
or in IISER Pune.
3. The appointment of the applicant will be governed by the terms and conditions of the
funding agency particularly applicable to the said project.
4. The qualification prescribed should have been obtained from recognized Universities /
5. The prescribed educational qualification is the bare minimum and mere possession of
the same does not entitle candidates to be called for the selection process. Where a number of applications received in response to this advertisement is large, it may not be convenient or possible to carry out the selection process for all the candidates. Based on the recommendations of the Screening Committee, the Project Investigator may restrict the number of candidates to be called for the selection process to a reasonable limit after taking into consideration qualifications and experience over and above the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. Therefore, it will be in the interest of the candidates, to mention all the qualifications and experience in the relevant field at the time of applying.
6. Age relaxation commensurate with educational qualification and experience of the
the applicant may be considered for candidates having qualification and experience higher
than the advertised with the prior approval of the competent authority.
7. No TA/DA will be admissible for appearing for the interview.
8. No interim enquiries/correspondence/communication of any sort will be entertained on
9. Canvassing in any form and/or bringing any influence, political, or otherwise, will be
treated as a disqualification for the post applied for.
Last date of application December 11, 2020
Date of interview (Online) Date of online interview and link will be shared by email.
(Shortlisted candidates only)
Editors Note: IISER Pune PhD Associate Subscribe to Rasayanika for latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Whatsapp and subscribe to our youtube channel for latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.