DST- IJCSP Chemical Science Programme 2020 – Application Details
The Department of Science and Technology (DST), Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India, New Delhi and the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) conduct the India-Japan Cooperative Science Programme (IJCSP) to promote bilateral scientific collaboration between Indian and Japanese scientists. Applications are invited from eligible Indian researchers /scientists to submit proposals for Joint Research Projects and Joint Workshops/Seminars under IJCSP. Check out all the details on the same below:
Area of Research:
- Chemical science
- COVID-19 related (preventive technologies, Artificial Intelligence applications, Screening and diagnostic testing)
Who can apply:
- The joint application must include one Indian and one Japanese Principal Investigators, who would be responsible for technical as well as administrative coordination of the project and its periodic scientific and financial reporting to the DST/ JSPS respectively.
- The Principal Investigator (PI) and other investigators in India should be scientists/ faculty members working in regular capacity in UGC recognized Universities/ Deemed Universities/ Academic Institutes and National Research & Development Laboratories/ Institutes. It is preferred that a member of the project team may be designated as Co-PI.
- The Japanese PIs must be full-time researchers employed at universities or other research institutions recognized by JSPS. Further details in respect of Japanese participants JSPS website (www.jsps.gov.jp) may be referred to.
Please note that on the Indian side applicant already implementing two
projects funded by the International Division of DST is not eligible to submit
the project against this call.
The Duration of Project:
The duration of the projects would be up to two years. (Visits to be completed before
Kind of support available:
- The sending side would provide the international travel cost and receiving side
will provide local hospitality including accommodation charges, per-diem and
local travel. DST provides the following support under the Programme:
- For Indian Researchers – Cost of International airfare to and from the
designated research location, visa fee, airport taxes, overseas medical
insurance premium for the approved visit duration and airport transfers in India.
- For joint workshops/seminars to be organized in India, local travel cost of
selected Indian participants and organizing expenses may also be considered
for support as per DST norms.
- For Japanese Researchers – Cost of accommodation in a guest house, per
Diem and domestic travel expenses in India including airport transfers as per
V. Guidelines for Proposal Submission
- Duly filled relevant application forms distributed by the Department of Science and
Technology (also available on the websites www.dst.gov.in in India and
www.jsps.gov.jp in Japan) which are approved by the heads of the institutions
of the coordinators.
- Curricula vitae of both research teams.
- Letter of intent exchanged between the coordinators of the project.
The Indian researchers can download the proposal formats from websites www.dst.gov.in/www.onlinedst.gov.in and should submit the completed application form and all relevant information. Proposals must be submitted to DST through the e-application system provided at www.onlinedst.gov.in. It should be ensured that application with the identical title has been submitted by his / her Japanese counterpart to JSPS by the due date.
The deadline for the submission of proposals is 2nd September 2020.
View Main Notification
Editors Note: DST- IJCSP Chemical Science Subscribe to Rasayanika for latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Whatsapp and subscribe to our youtube channel for latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.