IIT Mandi PhD Job Vacancy – Chemistry Senior project scientist
Applications are invited from Indian nationals only for project position as per the details given below for the research project under the Principal investigator Dr. Garima Agrawal , School of Basic Sciences, Indian Institute of Technology Mandi.
Title of project: “Designing Functional Nanomaterials for Drug Delivery”
Sponsor of the project: Department of Science and Technology (DST)
Project position(s) and number: Senior project scientist (One)
Qualification & experience:
Eligibility: PhD in Chemistry/Polymer/Chemical Engineering or equivalent preferred. M.Sc./M.Tech. in Chemistry/Polymer/Chemical Engineering or equivalent with minimum two-year research experience can also apply but will be considered as project scientist only.
Desirable: Candidates with valid UGC NET/GATE/National level exam will be preferred. Candidates with very good knowledge of (polymer/organic) synthesis, instrumentation techniques such as NMR, IR, DLS, SEM, TEM etc. will be preferred. Good knowledge of in vitro studies will be an added advantage.
Emoluments: Rs. 35,000/- p.m. for senior project scientist (Candidates with M.Sc./M.Tech.+ 2-year experience will be considered for a reduced salary of 20,000/- p.m. as per institute rule for project scientist)
Duration: Till May 2021
Job description: Synthesis of functional polymers, colloids, chemical functionalization, characterization, in vitro studies, project planning, chemicals procurement, managing, executing and reports preparation.
How To Apply:
1. Candidate before appearing for the interview shall ensure that they are eligible for the position they intend to apply.
2. Candidate desiring to appear for the Interview (in-person/online skype) should submit their applications with the following documents as a single pdf file to the principal investigator through email ([email protected]). The subject line of the email should be “DSTInspire: Application for the post of SPS -Your name”. Last date of applying through email: June 25, 2020.Detailed CV including contact details, chronological discipline of degree/certificates obtained.
Experience including research, industrial field and others.
Self-attested copies of degree/certificate and experience certificate.
Any other relevant information.
3. Candidate shall bring along with him/her the original degree(s)/mark sheets/certificate(s) and experience certificate(s) at the time of interview for verification.
4. The investigator has the discretion to restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview on the basis of qualifications and experience.
5. Upon prior request from the candidate, skype interview will be allowed.
6. The nature of the post is purely temporary (on contract basis).
7. If the candidate satisfies IIT Mandi criteria for applying PhD (in case of candidates with
M.Sc./M.Tech.+ 2-year experience), this project supports that as per the institute guidelines subject to availability
8. Please note that no TA/DA is admissible for attending the interview
Last Date To Apply: June 25th 2020
View Main Notification
Editor’s Note: IIT Mandi PhD Job Subscribe to Rasayanika for latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Whatsapp and subscribe to our youtube channel for latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.