IGCAR Junior Research Fellowship Recruitment 2020 – Application Details
IGCAR Junior Research Fellowship IGCAR is empowering young, talented and motivated students to contribute towards advanced research in frontier areas of engineering/science/technology by offering Junior Research Fellowships in the areas of physical, chemical and engineering sciences. IGCAR, Kalpakkam is a constituent Institution of Homi Bhabha National Institute (HBNI), a Deemed to be University of the Department of Atomic Energy.
Applications are invited from interested students of Indian Nationals for the award of Junior Research Fellowships at this Centre
Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research (IGCAR), is a premier research and development Centre under the Department of Atomic Energy. It is dedicated to the development of fast reactor technology and associated fuel cycle facilities based on intense multi-disciplinary research.
No.of Fellowship Posts: 30
Post: Junior Research Fellowship
Area of Research: Chemical thermodynamics, Solid-state and high-temperature chemistry, Electrochemistry, Spectroscopy and laser, Radiochemistry, Advanced separation techniques, Actinide Chemistry, Trace / ultra-trace analytical techniques. Synthesis and characterization of nano-ceramics and Chemical sensors. Super-hydrophobic coating, Corrosion resistant coating and evaluation
Age: The maximum age limit is 28 years of age as on the last date for receipt of application. A relaxation in age, up to 3 years in case of Other Backward Class applicants, 5 years in case of Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe applicants and 10 years in case of Persons with benchmark disabilities ( 40% and more) is allowed
Eligibility: MSc in Chemistry (General, Applied, Organic, Inorganic, Physical, Analytical)
- Applications will be scrutinized and suitability of candidates will be decided on the basis of their degree and academic record. Shortlisted suitable candidates under different categories will be further selected based on written test and INTERVIEW or DIRECT INTERVIEW.
- Written Test will be held on 03/05/2020(Sunday) at Chennai . Based on the number of applications received from various regions, number of Centres for written test may be increased and the same will be intimated to eligible candidates through call letter. Summary scrutiny of the application would be made for short-listing of candidates for the written test and detailed scrutiny of the eligibility of tl1e candidate would be done at the time of interview.
Note: Selected candidates shall register for PhD under HBNI. Those who join with M.Sc./M.Tech. will be eligible to register for direct PhD. Those who join with B.E./B.Tech./B.Sc. Engg./B.Sc. [Tech.] will be considered for integrated PhD with an option to have a single degree (Integrated PhD only) or a dual degree (M.Sc.(Engg.)+ PhD).
- Direct PhD: Rs.31,000/- per month for the first two years. Rs.35,000/- per month from third year onwards. Eligible for a Contingency grant including book allowance of Rs.40,0_00/- per year.
- Integrated PhD: First year: Rs.21,000/- per month plus one-time book allowance of Rs.25,000. Second and third years: Rs.31,000/- per month. Fourth, fifth and sixth years Rs.35,000/- per month. Eligible for a Contingency Grant of Rs.40,000/- per annum from second year onwards.
- Integrated PhD Double Degree: First-year Rs.21,000/- per month plus one-time book allowance of Seven Rs.25,000. Second- and third years: Rs.31,000/- per month. Fourth, years fifth, sixth and seventh years Rs.35,000 per month. Eligible for contingency Grant of Rs.40,000 per annum from second year onwards.
The Selection Interview for all shortlisted candidates will be conducted at Kalpakkam. The candidates will have to appear for interview in the discipline in -which they have undertaken written test. The recommendation/decision of tl1e Selection Committee will be final and binding.
- Before applying, the candidate should ensure that he/she fulfils all the eligibility conditions mentioned in the advertisement. Candidates should ensure that they fill in the correct information. Furnishing of incomplete, false or misleading information shall render the application liable to be rejected. The candidate would be admitted to various stages of the recruitment process based on the information furnished by the candidate in his/her application. Only summary scrutiny of the application would be made before the final stage of the recruitment process and detailed scrutiny of the eligibility of the candidate would be done only at the final stage of the recruitment process. As such, the candidature of the applicant shall remain provisional till detailed scrutiny is undertaken and the candidate is found eligible in all respect. IGCAR would be at liberty to reject any application at any stage of the recruitment process if the candidate is found ineligible for the post or if it comes to notice that the candidate l1as furnished false information. The decision of IGCAR shall be final in deciding the eligibility of the candidate. The mere fact that a call letter has been issued to the candidate and allowed to appear in the written exam/interview will 11ot imply that his/her candidature has been finally cleared or that entries 1nade by the candidate i11 his/her application have been accepted as true and correct.
- Age, qualification, the validity of GATE/JEST/CSIR-UGC-NET/INSPIRE-DST, experience, community status, creamy layer status will be reckoned as on the closing date for submission of application online.
How To Apply:
- Facility for submission of online application will be available from 16/03/2020 at 1000 hours to 03/04/2020 1700 hours on the website of IGCAR i.e. www.igcar.gov.in under the tab “Recruitment”
- Applications will be accepted only through online mode. Only one application should be submitted for one Discipline. Candidates should submit a separate application for each discipline if they intend to apply for more tl1an one discipline.
- Candidate should read the instructions in the advertisement and online application form carefully before making any entry or selecting any option.
- Before filling the application form, candidates should keep ready the necessary documents/certificates required. The candidate is required to fill up personal details and details of discipline applied for etc. and upload recently taken front-facing passport size photograph with name and date in JPEG format with size not exceeding 50 KB and signature in JPEG format witl1 size not exceeding 20 KB. Photograph not in conformity with the specification shall render the application liable to be rejected. While filling up the online application form candidates should ensure that all the required details are entered.
- A valid e-mail ID and Mobile Number is mandatory for submitting the application online and email ID should be kept active till the declaration of results. IGCAR will send call letter for Written Examination / Interview to the registered I given e-mail ID or candidates may be required to download from the website of IGCAR. No corresponde11ce will be sent through post/courier.
- The candidate must ensure that their photo and signature is clearly visible in preview at the time of filling application in online mode. If photo/signature displayed is small or not visible in preview on website, that means photo/signature is not as per the required format and in that case, the application will be rejected. Therefore candidates must ensure that photo and signature are clearly visible.
- Before clicking the submit button, tl1e candidate is advised to check and ensure that all the details filled in are correct. Candidate may also ensure that name, date of birth, etc. are entered correctly in the application form as per Secondary School Certificate (SSC). Any incorrect information may disqualify the candidature. After final submission of application, no request for change/correction in any of the information in the application form shall be entertained under any circumstances.
- Candidates will not be allowed to appear for the_ Written Examination/Interview if they Jail to bring the hall ticket and a valid photo identity card (such as Voter ID, Driving License, AADHAAR Card, Passport, College ID) in original.
- Receipt of applications 16/03/2020 from 1000 hours onwards
- Last date for receipt of applications 03/04/2020 up to 1700 hours
View Main Notification
Editor’s Note: IGCAR Junior Research Fellowship Subscribe to Rasayanika for latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Whatsapp and subscribe to our youtube channel for latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.