IISER Bhopal PhD Admissions August 2020 – Application Details
PhD Admission 2020. Department of Chemical Sciences IISER Bhopal PhD Programme Admissions August 2020 has been announced. Interested candidates can check out all of the details on the eligibility, selection procedure and all other information below:
Applications are invited for admission to Ph.D. programme in Biological Sciences, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry for the semester commencing from August 2020.
Department of Chemistry offers research in the areas of:
Supramolecular Chemistry; Crystallography; Transition Metal Chemistry; Molecular Materials; Organometallic Chemistry; Bio-inorganic Chemistry.
Synthetic Organic Chemistry; Natural Products; Organometallic Chemistry; Asymmetric Catalysis; Chemical Biology; Molecular Biology; Polymers; Biomaterials.
Electrochemistry: supercapacitors and electrocatalysis; Bionanotechnology; Biophysics; Polymers; Functional Nanomaterials; Ultrafast Spectroscopy; Computational Materials Science and Computational Physical and Biophysical Chemistry.
M.Sc./M.Tech. Degree in the relevant discipline with a minimum of 60% marks or CGPA/CPI of 7.0 on a 10 point scale (overall percentage/CGPA/CPI; not only in majoring subject). Mathematics in the 10+2 level is desirable. For an application to be considered in Physical Chemistry, Mathematics in the 10+2 level as well as in B.Sc. (undergraduate) is mandatory
If the transcript/grade sheet issued by the Institute/University reports:
- Only marks: percentage will be considered.
- Only grades: CGPA/CPI will be considered. If CGPA/CPI is reported on any scale other than 10 (eg. 4 point/ 8 point scale), an equivalent CGPA/CPI will be calculated as per the following formula:
- CGPA/CPI in a 10 point scale = (CGPA/CPI Obtained×10)/PS
- PS = Point scale used by the Institute/University.
- Both marks and CGPA/CPI:
Percentage equivalent of CGPA/CPI, as indicated on the transcript/gradesheet, will be considered, if absolute grading was followed.
- CGPA/CPI ONLY will be considered, if relative grading was followed.
- Additionally, a National level examination like National Eligibility Test (NET)/GATE/UGC-JRF/CSIR-JRF/INSPIRE-PhD/NET-LS/Rajiv Gandhi Fellowship or any other recognized score is mandatory.. The certificate/fellowship MUST be valid at the time of admission
- GATE examination is exempt for those with B.Tech. from IITs or BS-MS from IISERs with CGPA/CPI more than 8.0 on a 10 point scale.
- Students whose results for CSIR-UGC NET Fellowship or Rajiv Gandhi Fellowship or INSPIRE-PhD or any other equivalent fellowship are awaited may also apply with their roll number(s) mentioned in the application. Such candidates may walk-in for the interview provided they have qualified for any of the above fellowship before the interview date.
A relaxation of 5% of marks, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, will be allowed for candidates belonging to SC/ST/PD categories.
Merely fulfilling the eligibility criterion does not entitle a candidate to be called for the interview.
All communication with candidates will be by e-mail only.
Kindly check this website for periodic updates.
In case of any application-related queries, your application number must be mentioned in the subject line.
*Candidates who are appearing or are about to appear for final examinations of the qualifying degree programme are eligible to apply for PhD programme. However, if selected, admission to the PhD programme would be conditional upon their completing the qualifying degree with the defined marks criteria, before joining the Institute.
Selection will be based on interviews of the shortlisted candidates.
*Relaxation of eligibility criteria for SC/ST and PD applicants will be as per Government of India norms. Candidates belonging to reserved category will have to submit relevant certificates, if selected.
*Applying does not automatically guarantee that a candidate will be shortlisted for interview. The respective departments may use additional criteria (based on academic performance and/or performance in the national level tests) in order to shortlist candidates for interviews depending on the number of applications received.
Shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview. Date of interview will be communicated to shortlisted candidates by e-mail and the same will be available on the Institute website. TA will be paid to SC/ST/PD candidates appearing for the interview as per Govt. of India norms.
April 10, 2020: Announcement of Shortlisted Candidates for the Interview.
May 12-13, 2020:Interview of Shortlisted Candidates.
May 16, 2020:Announcement of Interview Results.
July 29, 2020:Registration for the PhD Programme.
Department of Chemistry
Dr. Sangit Kumar
Head, Department of Chemistry
Dr. Nitin T. Patil
Convener, Departmental Post-Graduate Committee
Email: [email protected]
Queries will be entertained on the above-mentioned e-mail only.
Editor’s Note: IISER Bhopal PhD Admissions Subscribe to Rasayanika for latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Whatsapp and subscribe to our youtube channel for latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.