Victoria University Wellington Master of Drug Discovery Scholarship
Victoria University Wellington Master of Drug Discovery and Development Scholarship notification is put. Interested applicants can check out all of the details on the scholarship below:
Study Area(s): Science
Scholarship Level: Postgraduate; Masters by coursework
Last Date: 15 January
Tenure: One year
Award for: International Students
Number offered: Varies (Please see additional information)
Value: $15,000 towards tuition fees
The Ferrier Research Institute is offering eligible international candidates the opportunity to apply for a scholarship to do a taught Master’s programme, the Master of Drug Discovery and Development at Victoria University of Wellington.
The scholarship is open to all qualifying international students. International students refers to students who do not have New Zealand residency and who are not New Zealand citizens. Applicants must meet programme-specific eligibility criteria and university eligibility criteria. Applicants must obtain a suitable visa in order to study in New Zealand. The scholarship becomes payable on enrolment and must be used against tuition fees only.
Holders of this scholarship will be expected to work on a research project under supervision of a Ferrier Research Institute staff member, on a project approved by the Director of the Ferrier Research Institute, or his delegated nominee. Selection criteria include academic performance, publications and/or conference proceedings, referee reports, and any other tangible demonstration of academic or research ability.
- Applicants must be international students.
- Applicants must have an undergraduate degree in Chemistry or a relevant life science subject such as Biochemistry, Biomedical Science, Pharmacy, Pharmacology or other relevant subject, with an average of at least a B+ in 300-level Chemistry.
- Applicants must be intending to enrol in a taught Master’s programme (Master of Drug Discovery and Development) at Victoria University of Wellington.
Applicants should submit their applications by email to [email protected], including copies of complete academic transcripts, degree certificates, CV (including the contact details of at least two academic referees who are familiar with the candidate, e.g. university lecturers at 300 level or higher, supervisors of research projects, etc), letter of motivation and referee reports (at least one from an academic/research supervisor of the candidate).
Successful candidates will be chosen by a selection panel of relevant Ferrier Research Institute staff.
Selection criteria include academic performance, publications and/or conference proceedings, referee reports, and any other tangible demonstration of academic or research ability.
Regulations and conditions
- A completed online application must be submitted by 4:30pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4:30pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
- All offers of the Scholarship will be conditional upon the recipient being fully enrolled in a full-year programme (full-time will be at the level of points considered by Studylink as full-time) within the stipulated criteria and tenure of the scholarship. No payment of the Scholarship will be made until this condition is met.
- The Scholarship cannot be deferred to a later year.
- The Scholarship may be held in conjunction with other awards.
- Should the recipient withdraw from Victoria during the tenure of this scholarship or fail to achieve a satisfactory progress, partial repayment of the Scholarship will normally be expected. Recipients must advise the Scholarships Office if they intend to withdraw.
- Recipients are expected to act as Ambassadors for Victoria University and participate in appropriate events or marketing if requested.
- At the discretion of the Deciding Authority, the application of the terms and conditions of the Scholarship may be modified in special circumstances or to avoid hardship to any candidate for the Scholarship
Editor’s Note: Master of Drug Discovery and Development Scholarship, latest scholarships for indian students, Drug Discovery and Development Scholarship opportunities, latest Wellington Scholarships for Indian Students