PhD Chemical Sciences Admission 2020 IiSER Kolkata
PhD Chemical Sciences Admission. IISER Kolkata invites applications from motivated students for admission to the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) programme for Spring 2020. The selected candidates can do a PhD in Chemical Sciences
Reservations for candidates will be as per Govt.of India norms. Eligible applicants of the PhD programme are encouraged to apply for the attractive Prime Minister’s Research Fellowship (https://pmrf.in/) in addition to applying to IISER Kolkata regular admission.
Minimum Eligibility Criteria: Bright and motivated candidates who have passed M.Sc. examination with minimum 55% marks in any field of Chemistry Besides satisfying minimal eligibility criteria, the candidates must have CSIR/UGC-NET JRF, INSPIRE fellowship or other equivalent fellowships.
* Candidates with INSPIRE fellowship should have provisional certificate at the time of application.
Note: Please note that fulfilling the minimum essential criteria does not ensure that a candidate will be called for the interview. Additional shortlisting criteria might be set by the department based on academic records, experience and research interest of the candidates. Candidates without the CSIR/UGC-NET JRF, INSPIRE fellowship or other equivalent fellowships will not be shortlisted or called for interview.
*** Reservations for SC/ST/OBC candidates are applicable as per Government of India rules.
The departmental faculty profiles can be found at the URL: Click Here
**** Apart from the Department of Chemical Sciences, the candidates with Chemistry background may apply to the following faculty members from the Department of Biological Sciences and Earth Sciences.
How to apply:
1. Please have your picture (soft copy, preferably in JPG or PNG format) ready.
2. Please read the department wise eligibility criteria carefully.
3. The applicants should open the link (http://apply.iiserkol.ac.in/application) and properly fill the application form as instructed. The form can be opened and edited/corrected until the last date.
4. You must complete your application, incomplete application will be rejected.
5. Applicants should save the properly filled application form and take the printout after you finish and bring the signed copy at the time of interview if you are shortlisted.
6. Download the Recommendation Letter, bring this document at the time of interview. Recommendation should be in a sealed envelop.
Selected candidates for test/interview should bring a hard copy of application along with the required documents listed below at the time of test/interview:
Attested copies of mark sheets and certificates of all examinations starting from high school leaving certificate, two letters of recommendation (in sealed envelopes), photo identity and proof of age.
List of shortlisted candidates (based on merit, subject specialization and required research area) for interview will be published in the IISER-Kolkata website.
The Institute will not provide any TA/DA or accommodation for attending the interview.
The selected candidates will receive the offer letter containing also the last date for joining shortly after the interview.
Course Work and Laboratory rotation:
The Research fellows may have to do course work and laboratory rotations during first semester depending on which Department they join. The course content will be decided by the Department concerned for each student according to his / her need.
PhD application portal opens: 09.09.2019
Application portal closes: 13.10.2019
Publication of shortlisting for interview: 22.10.2019
Tentative Interview dates: 15 Nov to 30 Nov 2019
Publication of PhD interview results: 05 Dec 2019
Preregistration portal opens: 05 Dec 2019
Preregistration deadline: 19.12.2019
PhD Registration: 01.01.2020
Editor’s Note: Admission 2020 IISER Kolkata, Chemistry admission 2019 -20, iiser Kolkata, admission 2019- 2020. iiser Kolkata, Subscribe to Rasaynaika for latest chemistry and Pharma job openings. Follow us on Facebook for the latest updates.