Junior Research Fellow Post @ Shiv Nadar University
Msc Chemistry Job Opening @ Shiv Nadar University | JRF Post. Career @ Shiv Nadar University. Job opening for chemistry candidates for the post of Junior Research Fellow. Eligible & interested candidates are invited for the following purely temporary positions of JRF at Shiv Nadar University. Candidates having a masters degree in Chemistry degree may apply for this post online. Check out all the details on the same below:
- The candidate should have good analytical skills.
- Familiarity with organic synthesis will be preferred.
- Understanding of organic material characterisation techniques is desirable
- Candidates with CSIR/UGC-NET/JEST/GATE are encouraged to apply.
Fellowship: As per DST norms, fellowship is ₹31,000/- p.m. plus HRA as permissible for first two years. There will be enhanced fellowship in the third year as ₹35,000/- p.m. plus HRA.
Duration: 3 years
Nature of work: Organic synthesis, complexation, enzyme kinetic studies, cell culture assays.
Arsenic (As) contamination is most prevalent in areas of West Bengal, Jharkhand, Bihar and Uttar Pradesh. Recent study reported that close to 150 million individuals consume drinking water from aquifers that are geologically contaminated with As at concentrations exceeding the upper limit of 0.010 mg L-1. Inorganic As (iAs) inhibits the activity of many vital antioxidant enzymes present in all tissues including thioredoxin (Trx), thioredoxin reductase (TrxR) and glutathione peroxidase (GPx), glutathione reductase (GR) and decreases the intracellular glutathione (GSH) concentrations and, thereby it increases the production of reactive oxygen species (ROS) leading to DNA damage, protein oxidation, lipid peroxidation. Thus, development of a potential drug to counter the As-induced toxicity we need to have clear understanding the mechanism of As detoxification in human and in microbes.
Objectives of this project:
- Development of novel molecule(s) which can facilitate the methylation of arsenic (As) compounds, mainly As(III), to understand the methylation of As(III) by As(III) S-adenosylmethione (SAM) methyltransferase (AS3MT).
- Design and synthesis of novel molecules which can efficiently covert inorganic and organic As to the biologically inert and less toxic species under physiologically relevant conditions.
- Development of small molecules to facilitate the demethylation of organoarsenic compounds used in pesticides/herbicides and in animal husbandry (poultry and swine) to understand the cleavage of As-C bond by ArsI C-As lyase (completely opposite to objective 1).
- Cell-based and enzyme specific assays will be performed to evaluate the protective effect of novel compounds against the strong inhibition of important enzymes (like Trx, TrxR, GPx, and GR) caused by As.
How To Apply:
Eligible and interested candidates should send their application with a complete CV (having personal details, academic qualifications, research experience, publications, name, affiliation and email address of two referees). Also, send photocopies of marksheets/testimonials/ certificates, a recent passport size photograph, and other relevant documents as PDF attachment via email (preferable) or hard copies by Speed Post to the below address. All documents should reach the address on or before15 June 2019.
Ms. Saritha Rajan
EA to the Head of the Department (Chemistry),
School of Natural Sciences,
Shiv Nadar University, Post Office: Shiv Nadar University
Tehsil Dadri, District Gautam Buddha Nagar, UP 201314, India.
Telephone: +91 120 3819118
Last Date To Apply: 15 th June 2019
Editor’s Note: Chemistry jobs, MSc Chemistry jobs 2019, Chemistry, Chemistry jobs 2019, Shiv Nadar University, Chemistry jobs at Shiv Nadar University, Shiv Nadar University jobs, Subscribe to Rasayanika for latest job updates.