IIT Gandhinagar Phd Admission 2019- Official Notification
IIT Gandhinagar Phd Admission 2019- Official Notification.IIT Gandhinagar is looking for bright and dedicated young scholars interested in research to join us as Ph.D. scholars. Ph.D. admission notification for chemistry candidates @ IIT Gandhinagar. Check out all the details on the same below:
At least 55% marks or 5.5 CPI marks in M.A./M.Sc./B.Tech./M.Tech. or equivalent degree in appropriate branches. Above mentioned eligibility criteria are minimum at Institute level.
For discipline wise minimum eligibility criteria, please click here. The disciplines may use higher cut off levels for shortlisting besides giving due consideration to the way questions are answered in the application form. Candidates belonging to SC/ST/PD categories would be eligible for relaxations, as per norms, in the selection criteria.
Ph.D. programme is fully residential. The regular candidates will have to stay on campus. For candidates under Continuing Doctoral Programme, currently 2 years of residency requirement after completion of 1 year of advanced admission is followed.\
Regular(RR): Fulltime residential research candidate.
Continuing Doctoral Programme (CDP): This if for the candidates working in industry or as a faculty in any educational institution. In this category the candidate is given advance admission with 90 days of residency requirement in 1st year and on successful completion of the 1st year, the admission is confirmed with the expected minimum 2 years of full-time residential requirement on campus for completing course work and a major part of thesis work. After 2-years, the candidate may be permitted to go back to parent organization subject to significant progress in thesis work. Subsequently, the candidate is expected to complete at least 2 weeks of residency at the Institute for each semester all through the Ph.D. programme. A certificate in support of the candidature must support the application.
- Admission is generally offered on the basis of an interview, which is supplemented by a written test if necessary. The Institute will invite a limited number of candidates for a written test and interview based on the academic records, statement of purpose, etc. The final selection will be mainly based on academic credentials, written test and/or interview.
- The written test is generally based on the topics related to general aptitude (logical reasoning, analytical and numerical ability, etc.), writing skills, and basic courses of various disciplines at the undergraduate level. The candidates who do not qualify in the written test need not appear for an interview. The reserved category candidates will be given due relaxation in cutoff marks as per the norms.
- The candidates called for the Test / Interview will be reimbursed any amount exceeding Rs.750/- for to and fro single second-sleeper class railway fare by the shortest route from their place of residence to the Institute /venue of the Test / Interview. For example, in the case of total railway fare of Rs.1400/- the candidate will be reimbursed Rs.650/-. It is required to produce evidence (railway ticket) in support of the claim.
- In addition to the announced admission cycles with a prescribed deadline of application, the Institute also considers applications any time of the year in case of exceptional candidates. Based on the qualifications of the candidates and the need of the discipline concerned, applications received are processed through duly constituted selection committees at regular intervals.
All applications must be submitted online. If you are applying for more than one discipline, please submit a separate application for each discipline. After successful submission of the application form, you will receive an application number and a link to download the application form. Please save the application form. You need to furnish hardcopy of the application form and self-attested copies of all the relevant documents at the time of interview. Incomplete applications will be rejected
- Application Fees: Rs. 100/- (SC/ST/PD Category), Rs. 200/- (Others)
- You NEED NOT to send the hard-copy of the application form.
Ph.D. admission: Phase 1
- Application Deadline: 12 February (Tuesday)
- The announcement of Shortlist: 22 February (Friday)
- Written Tests and/or Interviews (tentative): 15-17 March (Friday to Sunday)
Ph.D. admission: Phase 2
- Application Deadline: 2 April (Tuesday)
- Announcement of Shortlist: 12 April (Friday)
- Written Tests and/or Interviews (tentative): 7-9 May (Tuesday to Thursday)