BIST Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme Notification 2019
BIST Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme Notification 2019. Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme Notification. Check out all the details for the same below:
PROBIST is a post-doctoral fellowship Programme led by the Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology. Altogether, 61 fellowships will be awarded and implemented in top research in the Barcelona and Tarragona area (Spain).
BIST brings closer together seven independent Catalan internationally recognized research centers. The centers participating in the PROBIST programme are:
• The Institute of Photonic Sciences (ICFO)
• Institute of Chemical Research of Catalonia (ICIQ)
• Catalan Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (ICN2)
• Institute for High Energy Physics (IFAE)
• Institute for Research in Biomedicine (IRB Barcelona)
Also affiliated to BIST, but not directly participating in PROBIST, are:
PROBIST applicants will have complete research freedom. Applicants may subscribe to one or several generic research topics published with the calls. Once pre-selected they may design their research project proposal with a research group of their choice in the participating BIST centers. Successful candidates will be hosted by the selected research group. They will have full access to facilities, seminars and training programmes of the BIST centers. Networking activities shall facilitate inter-center and inter-disciplinary exchange and collaborations. PROBIST will offer fellows the opportunity to opt for secondments from a pool of international institutions with which BIST centers have institutional agreements or collaborations.
To be admitted to the review process, candidates must comply with the following eligibility criteria:
• Mobility: To have not spent more than 12 months of the prior 36 months in Spain, at the time of the call deadline (November 26th, 2018)
• PhD date certificate: Ph.D. certificate should be obtained before your incorporation at the research centre, at maximum May 1st, 2019. If you have not obtained your Ph.D. at the time to submit your application, please indicate the likely date and provide documental evidence that you will obtain it.
• Publication as first author: To have at least one publication as the main author (either accepted or published) in an international reputed journal at the time of the deadline.
• Letters of reference: To have submitted two reference letters at the time of the deadline
• Ph.D. degree: Having not been awarded your Ph.D. degree more than 5 years, at the time of recruitment. Exceptions are made for documented periods of parental leave or serious illness. Other equivalent exceptions may be considered when properly documented and motivated by the applicant, e.g, in the case of candidates from underdeveloped countries, minorities, and for applicants that pursued their studies under comparatively unfavorable conditions. Please provide evidence when you apply (for instance uploading additional documentation).
Duration: The fellowships are granted for 3 years
• An annual gross salary of 36.000€ plus a single payment of 1.500€ relocation support (Spanish tax and social security deductions apply),
• Close mentoring and supervision through prestigious senior researchers,
• A personalized career development plan,
• A training programme for scientific and transferable skills.
PROBIST fellows will be able to participate in a number of existing programmes, including:
• Seminar programmes of the BIST centers
• Researcher exchange and networking programmes with key academic partners and including international conferences and workshops organized by BIST centers.
One of the main objectives of PROBIST is to provide high-quality supervision offering:
• Targeted mentoring and access to a wide variety of scientific activities, services, and networks.
• Have close mentoring: The PROBIST research project chosen and performed by the fellow will be under the supervision of the group leader, who at the same time will be shaping, together with the fellow, a personalized career development plan (PCDP). The goal of this plan will be to develop and foster the individual competences of the fellow.
- ICIQ_C3_01: Design, construction, and investigation of chromophore-protein systems to achieve the efficient conversion of solar energy to fuel
The deadline for the submission of applications is November 26, 2018, at noon (CET).