Indian nationals are invited to apply for “Indian Oil – Simon Fraser University (SFU) Canada Fellowship” to work in the following emerging areas.
No. of Research Fellows – 2 (Two)
Areas: Clean Energy, Hydrogen, Fuel Cell Technology, Natural Gas and Advanced Materials
- Candidates must have completed their Master’s degree from a recognized university in India in Chemistry or Electrochemistry or Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering, or Metallurgical Engineering or Electrochemical Engineering.
- The candidate must have cleared all the exams from Graduation and Post graduation level in First Class scoring above 65% marks in the final exams.
- Preference shall be given to candidates who have cleared CSIR/UGC-NET / GATE exam. However, in case the candidate joins the Fellowship he/she shall not be allowed to avail any other fellowship.
- The upper age limit for applying for the above fellowship is 28 years as on 31st August, 2017
- Candidates will be required to fulfill SFU admission criteria for a doctoral degree in Engineering or Science
- Selected candidates will undertake 12 months of initial course and Research work at Simon Fraser University (SFU), Canada and subsequently 3 years of PhD Research work in India. The registration at SFU, Canada shall commence in May 2018.
- Selected candidates will have to work under supervision of two guides. The SFU guide is the formal thesis supervisor as per SFU degree requirements and a guide from IndianOil R&D will be overseeing the research in collaboration with the thesis supervisor during the research period in India. Topics relevant to IndianOil /SFU will only be allowed for the fellowship.
- All selected applicants would be required to register for PhD at Simon Fraser University (SFU), Vancouver, Canada and fulfill the requirements for PhD degree. They will receive a 100% Tuition fee award for four years and a stipend to the tune of CAD 13000 to support living expenses during the one year stay in Canada.
- IndianOil would offer a fellowship amount which will be 25% more than the prevailing rate under CSIR Research Fellowship scheme as applicable, HRA @ 30% of the fellowship amount for the period of study in India.
- The Fellow will be required to apply for a valid Indian passport, procure required VISA overseas insurance and bear all such expenses including travel cost to and from Canada
Shortlisted candidates will be called for Interviews at New Delhi on 23-24 Oct 2017. No TA /DA will be paid for attending Interviews. Information for interviews will be given on email and through SMS on Mobile phone. Candidates have to clearly indicate these details in the enclosed Application form
How to Apply:
Application form can be downloaded from link http://iocl.com/PeopleCareers/job.aspx and completed typed / computer printed application forms along with Bio-data should be sent to the following address by ordinary post only. No couriers will be accepted.
General Manager I/C (HR)
Indian Oil Corporation Limited,
Research & Development Centre,
Sector-13, Faridabad-121007, Haryana, India
Method of Selection will be interview at IndianOil R&D in presence of officials from IndianOil and SFU.
Please contact Mr. Alok Sharma. GM I/C (Alternative Energy) at 0129-2297684 for any clarification
Details on SFU can be seen at http://www.sfu.ca/
Last Date for receiving Applications: 31st August 2017