Novo Nordisk Patent Attorney Job For Medicinal Chemistry, Apply Online
Job Posting: Associate Patent Attorney (Pharma)
Category: Legal, Compliance & Audit
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, IN
Department: Corporate Patents – Global Business Services (CP-GBS)
Does your motivation come from challenges and working in a dynamic environment? Is your ambition to create visible results? Are you enthusiastic about understanding the business and bringing attention to key business challenges? Then we might have the right position for you. Apply Today.
About the department
Corporate Patents – Global Business Services (CP-GBS) together with Corporate Patents Denmark (CP-DK) and Novo Nordisk Inc. Intellectual Property Department (NNI-IPD) forms Novo Nordisk’s Global Patent Organization (GPO). CP-GBS established in 2007 to assist Global Patent Organization on various patent functions such as performing various Patent Searches and assessments, Patent Prosecution, Patent Litigation Support, Business Development support and Patent Coordinator Services.
As an Associate Patent Attorney/Patent Attorney(Pharma) you are expected to have strong technical knowledge, analytical skills and good communication and interpersonal skills. Additionally, you will be responsible for handling prosecution for Novo Nordisk’s patent applications in India and in Rest of the World (RoW) countries. Also, you will be required to conduct patent searches, such as Noveltyand invalidity (including sequence searches) independently and provide support to business development activities of the organisation. You should be able to handle patent prosecution and carry out patent searches with the minimal assistance from senior colleagues.
- Minimum of master’s degree in biotechnology, Biochemistry, Medicinal Chemistry or related fields.
- 5 to 10 years of experience in handling patent prosecution in biotech, life-sciences, or Biopharma domain and conducting various patent searches, patentability, invalidity and FtO in pharma/biotech domain.
- Well versed with sequence and structure searches and patent and scientific databases, such as STN, PatBase/Derwent Innovation, SciFinder etc.
- Certified as Patent Agent/Attorney in India(preferred).
- Should have good understanding of patent law and practice in India and other major jurisdictions such as US, EU and JP and also should be well versed with key concepts of IP evaluations, such as patentability, freedom to operate, validity assessment.
- Exposure of working in an in-house team of company or global firm would be an advantage.
- Should be willing to take additional responsibilities for supporting local or global in-house projects as and when needed and also should have good interpersonal skills, ability to work independently as well as in team, taking initiative and being detail-oriented.
Working at Novo Nordisk
We are a proud life-science company, and life is our reason to exist. We’re inspired by life in all its forms and shapes, ups and downs, opportunities and challenges. For employees at Novo Nordisk, life means many things – from the building blocks of life that form the basis of ground-breaking scientific research, to our rich personal lives that motivate and energize us to perform our best at work. Ultimately, life is why we’re all here – to ensure that people can lead a life independent of chronic disease.
Deadline: 13th Feb 2024
Keywords: Novo Nordisk, Patent Attorney, Medicinal Chemistry, Pharmaceutical, Patent Prosecution, Patent Searches, Business Development, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Intellectual Property, Life Sciences, Biopharma, Patent Agent, Patent Law, In-house Team. Novo Nordisk Patent Attorney Job For Medicinal Chemistry, Apply Online. Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.