Unilever Chemistry Scientist Recruitment – Apply Online for Research Scientist Role!
Research Scientist, Clean Future Disinfection
Job ID: R-80712
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka
Date posted: 01/08/2024
Be part of the world’s most successful, purpose-led business. Work with brands that are well-loved around the world, that strive to improve the lives of our consumers and the communities around us every day. Every day, nine out of ten Indian households use our products to feel good, look good and get more out of life – giving us a unique opportunity to build a brighter future. We promote innovation, big and small, to make our business win and grow; and we believe in business as a force for good. Our brilliant business leaders and colleagues provide mentorship and inspiration, so you can be at your best.
At HUL, we believe that every individual irrespective of their race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, nationality, caste, disability or marital status can bring their purpose to life. So, apply to us, to unleash your curiosity, challenge ideas and disrupt processes; use your energy to make the world a better place. As you work to make a real impacton the business and the world, we’ll work to help you become a better you!
Tasks To Be Handled:
Hygiene has undergone a big reset; consumers demand Multifunctional Hygiene. Consumers are proactively seeking hygiene products that provide multifunctional benefits and have a harmonious relationship with the environment.
The Homecare Hygiene Science and Technology program is about envisioning and reimagining hygiene, health, and wellness for the future. It encompasses diverse workstreams, cutting edge capabilities and an enabling ecosystem to land disruptive and clean future innovations in the market and to build the Hygiene Powerhouse.
One of the key focuses is to reassure consumers that our product is efficacious without harmful chemicals. This approach focuses on new ‘hygiene active combinations’ using functional 100% natural and biodegradable actives, that match the hygiene performance of golden standard like Bleach.
This role will be responsible to build Clean Future aligned Hygiene innovations across Homecare. Knowledge on multifunctional hygiene actives (preferably naturals), green surfactants and formulation design principles are preferred. The role will need to build an in-depth understanding of hygiene formulation ingredients and come up with disruptive routes to deliver superior hygiene benefits. The role will also be responsible to strengthen academic partnerships to build new hygiene science areas and strengthen future fit capabilities. Leveraging external contract research organizations and 3P analytical partners to bring in innovation speed and agility will also be part of this role.
Fields Of Responsibility:
- The incumbent must have a vision in alignment with Homecare Hygiene Powerhouse and Clean Future strategies. Person will be responsible for landing next gen hygiene technologies across HC chassis.
- The incumbent needs to build seamless interaction with Global Design (HIT) and BU teams, and external networks (academia, SMEs, startups, ingredients suppliers).
- Critically, this role requires highly developed leadership behaviours particularly around the areas of growth mindset and change management. Maintain a C4G mindset, where complexity, resource efficiency, risk taking, speed are embraced and lived by the team.
- Understanding of legal and regulatory requirements to develop hygiene formulation strategy and implementation of agreed policies are key requirements.
Any Other Relevant Information Having A Bearing On The Job:
This role will be responsible to manage and nurture budding talents in S&T Hygiene.
The role is mainly focused on managing both:
External partners and internal stakeholders in HC organization.
In this role, technical skills on formulation development for clean future innovations for Hygiene will be required. This will encompass understanding of various formulation chassis across home care, incorporate future fit hygiene technologies and create new disruptive innovations that bring in competitive edge.
Strategy on clean future disinfection has to be strengthened and implemented. The incumbent will be instrumental and pivotal in creating bold and ambitious yet credible business cases to ensure the success of the ambition, interfacing at senior levels.
High degree on problem solving skills will be required for this job. There are various dimensions of technical problems to be solved, and the incumbent needs to work together with Global Design teams, procurement, SEAC, Regs and legal functions to provide solutions/claims support. The incumbent needs to have a strong influencing skills and stakeholder management skills.
Resource To Be Managed Under Your Authority:
- 3-4 direct reports.
- Interact with 3P / external partners, external resources.
- M.Sc./M.Tech. /Ph.D. in Chemistry, Chem Engg with an experience in HC formulations
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in FMCG industry, preferably handling HC formulations
- Strong scientific and technical curiosity with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Ability to work autonomously in situations of ambiguity; Ability to balance long and short term viewpoint.
- Ability to challenge, persuade and motivate teams to think differently and embrace different ways of working.
- Comfortable with working on several diverse technology fronts at once.
- Preferred to have experience in IPR management.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Click here to apply
Keywords: Unilever, Chemistry Scientist, Recruitment, MSc, MTech, PhD, Apply Online, Research Scientist, Clean Future Disinfection, Job, Bengaluru, Karnataka. Unilever Chemistry Scientist Recruitment – Apply Online for Research Scientist Role! Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.