Chemistry R&D Specialist AkzoNobel Job – Apply Online
R&D Specialist II
Date: Jan 2, 2024
Location: Bangalore, IN
We supply the sustainable and innovative paints and coatings that our customers, communities – and the environment – are increasingly relying on. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. We’re active in more than 150 countries and have set our sights on becoming the global industry leader. It’s what you’d expect from a pioneering paints company that’s committed to science-based targets and is taking genuine action to address globally relevant challenges and protect future generations.
Candidature should be able to perform in Global Product development, Global Product Maintenance / Solutions, Production support, customer complaints handling, and cost reduction of existing product lines which is mainly related to Automotive and Specialty coatings.
- Global market knowledge and customer knowledge related to Vehicle Refinish and Commercial vehicles market.
- Strong Formulations skills [Epoxy, Alkyd, PU and UV coatings] to meet Global Market Requirements.
- Global product development and formulations skills in developing Undercoats, Solventborne Basecoats, Waterborne Basecoats, Topcoats, and Clearcoats via Stage Gate process.
- Studies relevant literature and reports, attends courses /seminars when appropriate to update the professional knowledge followed by ideation.
- Product enhancement and incremental development based on the requirement and the wishes of the internal and external customers via Global Lab Work Requests issued by Project Leader / Product Management.
- Global Regulatory knowledge and expertise in choosing Raw materials and developing products.
- Expertise in FMEA and in Root cause analysis via 8D process.
- Hands on experience in Paints and coatings field such as formulation skills, spraying techniques, handling of testing equipment’s according to ASTM / ISO test methods
- Analytical Skill: Processing and analyzing the data from experiments and laying them down in lab-notes and research reports.
- Discuss the progress of the work with the coworkers openly and supports well on lab management.
- Production Support: Optimizes and monitors new recipes in Global production sites. Setting up Inspection plan based on FMEA.
- Contributes towards safe work environment by adhering to safe work practices in line with Corporate HSE, 5S, BBS directives & guidelines to build work culture driven by safety consciousness.
- Expertise in alignment with IS0 9001:2015 / IATF 16949
- Work Management : Efficiently utilizing resource to meet timelines with quality work
- Report writing Skills, Presentation Skills and Strong Communication Skills [ Verbal & Written in English]
- Set an example of safe use of common materials and equipment in the lab and able to instruct others on the same use
- Demonstrate a continuous improvement mindset toward working safely and innovation.
- Take full ownership of assigned projects to deliver on commitments.
- Works independently without direct supervision while also being invested in team goals.
- Own personal and career development; proactively seeks development opportunities.
- Approach each day as an opportunity to discover, learn and grow.
Experience and Education:
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in Coatings especially in RD related to Global Vehicle refinish and Commercial vehicles.
- M.Sc., Chemistry / B. Tech., Polymer science / M.Tech., Polymer science / PhD in Polymer Science / Chemistry
- Global Market Insight [ Understanding Market trends and requirements, keeping current trends and knowing products used in those markets] on Vehicle refinish and Commercial vehicles.
- Good Problem-Solving Skills like 8D and FMEA [Identifying issues and root cause, analyzing risks, and finding solutions]
- Experimental Design and Principles [ Developing products in systematic ways, applying techniques, using right tools followed by collecting and analyzing data’s]
- Technical Innovation and Ideations [ Developing New solutions, Innovations and improving performance of products or process]
- Managing knowledge, Intellectual Property and Legislation
Keywords: Chemistry R&D Specialist, Job, AkzoNobel, Apply Online. Chemistry R&D Specialist AkzoNobel Job – Apply Online. Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.