Chemistry MSc Project IISER Kolkata – Applications Invited
ADVERTISEMENT for Project Assistant position in Chemistry
Interview for Project Assistant Position on 24th January, 2024 at 2.00 PM under DBT Project at IISER Kolkata
A position for a Project Assistant is available in the research group of Dr. Dibyendu Das, Associate Professor, Department of Chemical Sciences, IISER Kolkata. The research work involves the synthesis and development of small organic molecules and peptide-based nanostructures and their application as functional materials.
Title of project: Emulating neuromorphic synapse via resistive state switching in Non-equilibrium Assemblies of Amyloid Peptides
Funding agency: DBT
Principle Investigator: Dr. Dibyendu Das, Associate Professor, Dept. of Chemical Science
Remuneration: Maximum up to 20,000 + 24% HRA = ₹ 24800 per month.
Tenure: Initially for a period of one year, extendable for a further period subject to satisfactory performance of the incumbent, till the end of the project duration.
Basic Eligibility Criteria:
- Highly motivated and bright students with M.Sc. in Chemistry or Biochemistry or Integrated BS-MS with minimum 60% marks or minimum CGPA of 7.0.
- Desirable additional experience and qualifications:
- Exposure to synthetic organic chemistry techniques and peptide chemistry, LS qualified or valid GATE score.
Must not be over 28 years as on 24thJanuary, 2024 which is relaxable for certain reserved categories as per rules of Government of India. Relaxation in age, educational qualification or experience may be considered in case of exceptionally meritorious candidates.
How to Apply:
A detailed CV (with justification for the suitability of the above-stated project, and three referee names) prior to the interview must be emailed to [email protected] latest by 15th Jan, 2024, 12 noon. Candidates are requested join the interview through off-line mode (in person) on 24th January, 2024 at 2.00 PM. The details will be shared with the shortlisted candidates before interview.
- No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
- The decision of the selection committee will be final.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted by email. The prescribed educational qualifications are a bare minimum, and merely possessing of same will not entitle candidates to be called for an interview. Where the number of applications received in response to this Notice of engagement is large, it may not be convenient or possible to interview all the candidates. Based on the recommendation of the Selection Committee, the Principal Investigator may restrict the number of candidates to be called for an interview to reasonable limits after taking into consideration qualifications and experience over and above the minimum qualifications prescribed.
- The appointment of the candidate will be governed by the terms and conditions of the funding agency particularly applicable to the said project.
- The selected candidate will have to join duty immediately on receipt of the offer.
- The fellowship may be terminated with a 30-day notice before completion of the tenure, if performance till date is not deemed satisfactory.
Dr. Dibyendu Das
E-mail: [email protected]
Keywords: Job Posting, Project Assistant, Chemistry, DBT Project, IISER Kolkata, Dr. Dibyendu Das. Chemistry MSc Project IISER Kolkata – Applications Invited. Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.