Novartis Chemistry Curation Expert Recruitment, Apply Online
Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research (NIBR) is the global pharmaceutical research organization of Novartis. With approximately 5,600 scientists and physicians around the world, our research is focused on discovering innovative new drugs that will change the practice of medicine. We have an open and entrepreneurial culture, encouraging collaboration to make effective therapies.
We believe that data is one of the key differentiation factors for the success of a research organization and effective data management is a crucial component to thrive in the digital age.
Role Title: Curation Expert
About the Role:
Come join our Research Informatics (NX) team where you are close to our scientists and our purpose to innovate, improve and extend people’s lives through the power of data & technology in one of the most distinguished Pharma Research organizations in the world. Become part of our newly established Hyderabad Data Ingestion team and contribute to shaping a world-class data ingestion capability.
As a Curation Expert you will be curating external and internal large and complex datasets of use by NIBR to speed up data science. You will develop curation strategies to increase the value and scientific impact of NIBRdata and apply techniques to streamline and accelerate data integration and analysis. You will work closely with Ontology experts and collaborate with them in developing required vocabularies of need in your curation activities.
- Act as specialist working collaboratively with NIBR scientists, data scientists, data architects and product owners to validate, cleanse, normalize, harmonize, or enrich large scale experimental data
- Provide guidance in improving overall data quality by diligently assessing FAIR maturity of given data sets
- Use ontologies and terminologies to assist in the disambiguation, semantic integration, and organization of a wide variety of biomedical data sets
- Contribute to the use of automated or semi-automated curation services and the implementation of well documented and reproducible rule sets
- Provide expert advice and promote text or data mining techniques to leverage integration of structured or unstructured content
- Bachelor’s degree or similar qualification in – and a good understanding of – drug discovery domains like medicine, chemistry, biology, or a related field
- Experience in data curation and data management
- Adequate work experience in drug discovery or a core supporting scientific field
- Knowledge of existing biomedical ontologies and data standards like MeSH and CDISC
- Demonstrated experience in the curation and integration of data relating to one or more of medical science, biochemistry, medicinal chemistry, molecular biology, or genomics
- Ability to query data management systems of different kinds
- Experience with linguistics, natural language processing, text analytics or data mining is a plus
- Knowledge of scripting languages would be a strong advantage
Business Unit: MGMT OFFICE GDD
Work Location: Hyderabad, AP
Company/Legal Entity: Nov Hltcr Shared Services Ind
Functional Area: Research & Development
Job Type: Full Time
Employment Type: Regular
Shift Work: No
Early Talent: No
Link to Original Notification to apply: Apply here
Keywords: Novartis job, Curation Expert, Data Curation, Data Management, Hyderabad job. Novartis Chemistry Curation Expert Recruitment, Apply Online. Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.