NIPER Pharmaceutical Chemistry Research Job – Applications Invited
National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research- Ahmedabad
(Department of Pharmaceuticals, Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers,
Govt. of India)
Palaj, Opposite Air Force Station, Gandhinagar-382355, Gujarat, India
Recruitment of Research Associate (RA) IN DEPARTMENT OF
BIOTECHNOLOGY (BT)-FUNDED RESEARCH PROJECT
(Project No: NIPER-A/No. BT/PR47609/CMD/150/19/2023)
Applications are invited for one temporary post of Research Associate (RA) position in a DBT funded project entitled “Navigating and silencing painful pathway using pyruvate kinase m2 inhibitors” tenable at the Department of Medicinal Chemistry, NIPER-Ahmedabad in the lab of the undersigned. The position is purely temporary for one year initially. After that, the tenure could be extended for another year subject to satisfactory performance and will be co-terminus with the project. The total duration of the project is three years. The requisite qualification & experience etc., are given below.
Project Title: Navigating and silencing painful pathway using pyruvate
kinase m2 inhibitors
Dr. Amit Shard
Assistant Professor, Department of Medicinal Chemistry,
National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and
Research-Ahmedabad (NIPER-A), Opposite Airforce station,
Palaj, Gandhinagar, Gujarat – 382355, India.
Email: [email protected]
Dr. Hemant Kumar
Assistant Professor, Department of Pharmacology and
Email: [email protected]
Funding Agency: Department of Biotechnology (DBT)
Position: Research Associate (RA) (one position only)
Salary: Rs. 47000 + HRA (as applicable)
Essential Educational Qualifications: PhD in Chemistry/Pharmaceutical Chemistry/Medicinal Chemistry/Organic chemistry or equivalent or having 3 years of research, teaching and design and development experience after M.Pharm/M.Tech with at least one research paper in SCI journal.
Desirables Qualification and Experience
- Candidate with good academic track record.
- Candidate having experience in multi-step organic synthesis/synthesis using transition metal complexes/handling of dry reactions will be given preference. Experience or basic knowledge in in vitro cell culture and fundamental knowledge of chemical biology principles will be preferred.
The primary focus areas of the project are:
- Synthesis, purification and characterization of heteroaromatic molecules.
- In silico, In vitro and In vivo assays and lead refinement.
- Writing project progress reports and manuscripts
Date and time of the Interview: Shortlisted candidates would be intimated by e-mail for the interview scheduled on 19th January, 2024.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send their applications strictly in the attached application format via email to the Registrar, NIPER-A ([email protected]) with a copy to the Principal investigator on Email id ([email protected]) on or before 5th January, 2024. Please write “Application for RA” in the subject line of the email. The interview will be held on Friday, 19th January, 2024 from 10:00 AM onwards at NIPER-A.
- Original certificates and self-attested copies of all certificates need to be presented before the interview for verification.
- No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to disqualification of candidature.
- The application should be strictly according to the attached format.
- The candidates selected for the above posts will be on contract for one year initially.
- Applicants may clearly mention the category they belong to i.e. SC/ST/OBC/PH and attach documentary proof of the same.
- The PDF’s of published papers and research experience should be attached with the application.
- Proof of thesis submission should also be enclosed.
- Apart from sending an application in the prescribed format given below, candidates should send a complete curriculum vitae along with the names of three referees. Curriculum vitae should contain details of the experimental expertise and a list of publications.
- Please Note: Applications containing incomplete information shall not be entertained.
- Date of passing the examinations must be indicated clearly.
- No hostel facility will be provided to the selected candidates.
Keywords: NIPER Pharmaceutical Chemistry Research Job, Research Associate (RA) Position, DBT Funded Project, Department of Medicinal Chemistry, NIPER-Ahmedabad, Research Job Opportunity, Application Instructions. NIPER Pharmaceutical Chemistry Research Job – Applications Invited. Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.