Avient Corporation R&D Chemistry Job – Apply Online
Avient Corporation (NYSE: AVNT), with expected 2022 revenues of $4.8 billion, provides specialized and sustainable material solutions that transform customer challenges into opportunities, bringing new products to life for a better world. Examples include:
- Unique technologies that improve the recyclability of products and enable recycled content to be incorporated, thus advancing a more circular economy
- Light-weighting solutions that replace heavier traditional materials like metal, glass and wood, which can improve fuel efficiency in all modes of transportation and reduce carbon footprint
- Sustainable infrastructure solutions that increase energy efficiency, renewable energy, natural resource conservation and fiber optic / 5G network accessibility
Avient employs approximately 8,400 associates and is certified ACC Responsible Care®, a founding member of the Alliance to End Plastic Waste and certified Great Place to Work®. For more information, visit www.avient.com.
At Avient, we strive for a culture of trust and engagement. Our associates are leading company initiatives such as Lead by Women, HYPE and Pride to advance diversity in professional and personal development. We also provide our associates with robust development programs such as Avient Academy, Lean Six Sigma, and various leadership workshops to allow for career growthin a variety of ways. With workplace flexibility, health and wellness programs, casual dress days, and paid time off for community service, we are committed to building upon our positive momentum.
At Avient, we believe diversity of ideas and backgrounds gives us the creativity to be successful in a rapidly changing world. In support of this, we stress equality of opportunity for all qualified individuals in accordance with applicable laws. Decisions on hiring, promotion, development, compensation or advancement are based solely on a person’s qualifications, abilities, experience and performance.
Job posting: Advanced R&D Chemist
Job location: Plot No. F-27, MIDC, Ranjangaon, Taluka- Shirur, Pune, India, 412220.
We are seeking an experienced R&D Chemist, with a strong understanding of core chemistry to modify polymer performance, as part of Avient’s Corporate Technology Group. The Advanced R&D Chemist will be responsible for the research and development of sustainable polymer solutions that create value for our customers.
- Conduct work in a safe, ethical and collaborative manner
- Support the development of products and technologies within existing and new markets
- Help drive innovation that enriches Avient’s intellectual property portfolio
- Use statistical methods for experimentation and data interpretation for solution development
- Apply technical project management skills to support platform development
- Communicate and engage with internal and external stakeholders
- Other duties as and when required
Avient Corporation is a drug-free workplace. Avient is an equal opportunity employer. We maintain a policy of non-discrimination in providing equal employment to all qualified employees and candidates regardless of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, protected veteran’s status, or other legally protected classification in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local law.
Education and Experience:
- PhD / Master of Science or Technology in Chemistry, Material Science, Chemical Engineering or Polymer Science / Engineering
- 3 – 5 years’ Experience of industrial or academic research experience in chemical or plastics industry
- Strong skills in the scientific method and use of statistics for data-driven research
- Strong competencies in using Microsoft Word for documentation and report writing
- Strong competencies in use of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong team working and communication skills
- Knowledge & experience of polymer characterization/analysis
- Prior experience in a technical role within an innovation/R&D environment
- Knowledge & experience of analytical characterization techniques for rheological, mechanical and thermal properties of polymers
- Knowledge of the chemistry behind polymer stabilization and reaction pathways
- Working knowledge of polymer processes including compounding with twin-screw extruders, injection molding, and extrusion-blow-molding
- Experience in executing DOEs, and knowledge of relevant statistical software (StatEase, Minitab, SigmaPro or similar)
- The candidate will be required to present data and concepts to internal and external stakeholders regularly. Therefore, they must possess excellent presentation and communication skills, and be comfortable with public speaking.
- The candidate must demonstrate excellent project management and organizational skills required to develop detailed project timelines with key milestones and deliverables
- The candidate must be collaborative and work effectively across cross-functional teams to drive projects from lab-to-commercial scale.
- The ideal candidate is an independent thinker and self-motivated to address technical challenges.
Each position at Avient focuses on eight Core Competencies as a Leader of Self. Additionally, management positions focus on Leadership Competencies as a Leader of Others and/or a Leader of the Business. These competencies are designed to drive behavior that will ultimately help our associates excel at their current roles, while supporting individual and career development.
- Ability to speak/hear clearly to communicate by phone or in person.
- Ability to frequently stand, sit and walk.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Editor’s Note: Avient Corporation R&D Chemistry Job – Apply Online. Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more. Avient Corporation R&D Chemistry Job – Apply Online.