Unilever Chemistry Job Opening: Apply Now for HC Bars Technology Specialist Role!
HC Bars Technology Specialist
Job ID: R-78377
Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra
Date posted: 11/30/2023
Be part of the world’s most successful, purpose-led business. Work with brands that are well-loved around the world, that strive to improve the lives of our consumers and the communities around us every day. Every day, nine out of ten Indian households use our products to feel good, look good and get more out of life – giving us a unique opportunity to build a brighter future. We promote innovation, big and small, to make our business win and grow; and we believe in business as a force for good. Our brilliant business leaders and colleagues provide mentorship and inspiration, so you can be at your best.
At HUL, we believe that every individual irrespective of their race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, nationality, caste, disability or marital status can bring their purpose to life. So apply to us, to unleash your curiosity, challenge ideas and disrupt processes; use your energy to make the world a better place. As you work to make a real impacton the business and the world, we’ll work to help you become a better you!
Purpose & Context
Position in South Asia CDC Home Care, reporting to Technology Manager for HC bars. No direct subordinates.
This position is exposed to a broad and global environment within Unilever.
The candidate should have a growth mindset and solid communication skills to enable active participation on innovation projects. In the business context, this position will interact with the bars team in HC R&D, S&T and P2W suppliers for technology developments.
- Input into product design for Home care application considering immediate and long term business strategy
- Basic appreciation of product design principles
- In depth understanding of consumer insights, market needs & how to use it for product design
- Presenting technology recommendations and solutions for maintaining product superiority
- Devising protocols for testing new technologies and their applicability in R&D projects, through literature searches, analytical and additional experimentation and data analysis
- Designing DOE for lab scale and pilot scale execution of promising ideas and technology solutions
- Drawing conclusions from experiments and trials, and preparing summary reports.
- Carrying out standard pilot plant scale experiments/ trials and establishing scale up feasibility.
- Handling of multiple product design requirements (E2E mix coordination) while partnering with brand, finance, procurement, SC
- Execution and reporting Main Plant Trials in Factories independently.
- Drawing up (extensive) final report on (sub) projects following global standards of the category along with ensuring SHE policy.
- Designing creative demonstrations of product strengths for its use in market activation
- Helping manage technical interfaces with key external suppliers/bodies and internally with other entities/individuals/stakeholders to help build global capability network.
- Being familiar with using digital tools like Pharos, SAP PLM etc.
- Understanding around Data modelling, digital tools like JMP, PowerBI will be an added advantage.
Required Professional skills:
- Proactive attitude, team player
- Analytical mindset
- Formulation design expertise
- Understanding of surfactants and other HC ingredients
- Experience with HC product formats such as bars, liquids and powders
- Statistics – Design of Experiments
- Excellent communication skills/Presentation skills
- Travelling for MPTs
- Well versed with digital opportunities within R&D
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry/chemical engineering from premier institutes, Preferred: Master’s degree in Science
(Physical chemistry, Inorganic chemistry, Organic chemistry, Engineering)
- Minimum 2 years experience in Processing/Product development/ other R&D functions.
- FMCG, Chemical, Paint, Pharmaceutical
Apply now for this exciting opportunity by visiting the link to the original notification.
Keywords: Unilever, job opening, HC Bars Technology Specialist, Research/Development, Mumbai, Maharashtra. Unilever Chemistry Job Opening: Apply Now for HC Bars Technology Specialist Role! Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.