Application Chemist-Intern at Thermo Fisher Scientific, Apply Online
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $40 billion and approximately 100,000 employees globally. Our mission is to “Enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner, and safer”. We help our customers to accelerate life sciences research, to address novel analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market, and increase laboratory efficiency. Through our outstanding brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
Providing outstanding product development services to Thermo Fisher Scientific Global Business Units is one of the main functions of the India Engineering Center (IEC). This Global Research and Development Center, established in 2009, is located at My Home Twitza, Hyderabad, with over 150 employees. We are a team committed to developing innovative and groundbreaking technical products, ranging from laboratory equipment, analytical instruments, remote monitoring solutions, Tech Publications etc. Our team offers excellent growth potential and learning opportunities to a hardworking individual.
You will join a team of scientists who involve in new product/solution development for ourcustomers’ Analytical challenges. This role involves analytical instruments’ operation, method development, method validation, etc. The candidate must assist the software/hardware development teams in product testing and evaluation. The candidate must ensure smooth laboratory operation by collaborating with facilities and different teams.
- Develop Liquid/Gas Chromatography – Mass Spectrometry methods and validate them as per global regulations. The target fields under scope are food safety, environmental, pharma, and industry-related, etc.
- Produce and publish Application Notes/Research Articles in reputed scientific journals to support local and global LC/GC/Mass Spectrometry business.
- Coordinate with different team members and make sure smooth lab operation for application & software development.
- Participate in seminars and conferences by making oral and poster presentations to support our marketing events.
- Manage lab-related logistics like chemical/consumable, instrument calibration, maintaining & reporting out activities done by the team to IEC leadership.
- Master’s degree or appearing in final year/semester of Master of Analytical Chemistry/Life sciences.
- Candidates from Research backgrounds can also be considered.
Technical Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge on Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry technologies.
- Excellent Chemistry fundamentals.
- Knowledge of general Lab equipment and Sample Preparation procedures, etc.
- Exposure to Lab instruments handling that involves software control, etc.
Soft Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English!
- Ability to collaborate with multiple groups and teams, for an efficient work environment.
- Ability to plan and complete assignments in a timely manner!
- Demonstrates Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement.
- Highly self-motivated, in learning new things and future technology trends, etc.
Keywords: Application Chemist, Intern, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Full time, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India, Job Id R-01213451, Students & Internships, Remote Fully Onsite, Analytical Chemistry, Life sciences, Chromatography, Mass Spectrometry, Lab equipment, Sample Preparation. Application Chemist-Intern at Thermo Fisher Scientific, Apply Online. Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.