GSK Stevenage PhD Programme 2024 Admissions – Apply Online
Building a Career in Drug Discovery at GSK
As a continuation of our industry-based PhD programme at GSK Stevenage (R&D), we can offer from the autumn of 2024:
A number of studentships, each of 3.5 years in duration.
- Medicinal and Process Chemistry – focused on synthetic organic chemistry as applied to medicines design and process development.
- Chemical Biology – focused on novel approaches for target and ligand discovery (including reactive fragments and biorthogonal chemistry), and technologies to study target-ligand interactions (including Mass Spectrometry, X-ray, Electron Microscopy, and associated data analytics).
- Advancing structural, biophysical and computational approaches (e.g. cryo-EM, X-ray and mass spectrometry) to study challenging drug targets.
Students are registered with the University of Strathclyde and are co-supervised by chemistry academics and a senior chemist from GSK.
The successful candidates will be based at the GSK site at Stevenage (R&D) and will have the opportunity to spend at least three months of the studentship period at the University of Strathclyde.
For this outstanding training and development opportunity in chemistry, you will need or will be in line to obtain:
- A very good MSci or MChem degree, or equivalent, in chemistry.
- Excellent theoretical and practical skills, together with a dedicated and conscientious attitude, and the ability to provide creative and innovative solutions to complex problems.
- To be highly motivated for chemistry and broader areas of science.
- Strong communication skills.
How to apply:
Candidates, including current Final Year undergraduate students, should send a covering letter, highlighting specific area(s) of interest, and a CV along with detailed subject examination grades, and the names and contact information for two referees to [email protected]. If you would like additional information on this programme, please contact Professor Harry Kelly ([email protected]).
Closing date: Wednesday 15th November, 2023.
If you would like to apply your chemistry knowledge to discover and develop effective medicines for patients who need them and help treat today’s global burden of disease, then apply to this exciting programme.
GSK is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging people to be themselves and giving ideas a chance to flourish. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, country of origin or country of application.
Together we can make life better.
Editor’s Note: GSK Stevenage PhD Programme 2024 Admissions – Apply Online. Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.