General Mills Chemistry Post Job Opening – Chem Engg Apply
India is among the top ten priority markets for General Mills and hosts our Global Shared Services Centre. This is the Global Shared Services arm of General Mills Inc., which supports its operations worldwide. With over 1,300 employees in Mumbai, the center has capabilities in the areas of Supply Chain, Finance, HR, Digital and Technology, Sales Capabilities, Consumer Insights, ITQ (R&D & Quality), and Enterprise Business Services. Learning and capacity-building is a key ingredient of our success.
Position Title: Scientist I – Global Science and Information Analysis – ITQ Global Knowledge Solutions
Recommended Pay Grade: 45
Job Type: Full time
Role Reports to: Manager
The Global Knowledge Solutions (GKS) organization catalyzes the creation, transfer, and application of knowledge to ensure ITQ succeeds at its mission of driving internal and external innovation, developing differentiated technology, and engendering trust through food safety and quality.
The scientists in the Global Science and Information Analysis Program Area will collaborate with US and India GKS colleagues to deliver high value acquisition, synthesis, and analysis of primary and secondary information including scientific literature, market and consumer research thatadvances key ITQ projects and initiatives.
The Scientist I in this program area is expected to provide expertise in one or more scientific disciplines, handle effectively and derive meaningful insights from various social analytics and market research tools, partner effectively with worldwide ITQ clients, create impactful research deliverables, and manage projects under supervision of others.
20% of Time: Client Consultation and Business Partnering
- Work effectively with clients to identify client needs and success criteria, and translate into clear project objectives, timelines, and plans.
- Be responsive and timely in sharing project updates, responding to client queries, and delivering on project commitments.
- Clearly communicate analysis, conclusions, and insights to clients using written reports and real-time meetings.
65% of Time: Excellent Technical Work
- Develop effective strategies for search and analysis based on client consultations and project briefs.
- Conduct high-quality searches of varied information sources, including web, literature, and marketplace and consumer research, to acquire results that are relevant to the client project.
- Provide thoughtful analysis and synthesis of search results that address key project questions.
- Effectively and efficiently use a wide range of information databases and search tools in support of project work.
- Create accurate and clear summary reports and visualizations that convey the required information and insights.
- Develop and maintain a network of external science and technology contacts to leverage in research work.
10% of Time: Innovation, Continuous Improvement (CI), and Personal Development
- Learn and apply a CI mindset to work, seeking opportunities for improvements in efficiency and client value.
- Identify new resources, develop new methods, and seek external inspiration to drive innovations in our work processes.
- Continually build skills and knowledge in the fields of information research and the relevant sciences.
5% of Time: Administration
- Participate in all required training (Safety, HR, Finance, CI, other) and actively support GSIA, GKS, and ITQ meetings, events, and activities.
- Complete other administrative tasks as required.
- Minimum Degree Requirements: Bachelors
- Preferred Degree Requirements: Masters
- Preferred Major Area of Study: Food science, Food Technology, Nutrition, Biological life sciences, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related scientific or interdisciplinary science field.
- Minimum years of related experience required: One
- Preferred years of related experience: Three
Specific Job Experience or Skills Needed
For the Global Science and Information Analysis Program Area:
- Ability to communicate with other researchers both within General Mills and outside General Mills.
- Knowledge of social analytics and market research tools like Kantar, Euromonitor, Mintel, Nielsen, etc. and ability to review, interpret, summarize, and derive meaningful insights from them for any given research problem.
- Experience in reviewing, interpreting, and summarizing secondary research and knowledge of literature databases.
- Ability to find, assimilate, synthesize, and communicate scientific and technical knowledge.
- Effective communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills; clear articulation of views in written and verbal discussions.
For Global Knowledge Solutions:
- Ability to effectively work cross-functionally with internal/global team members.
- High self-motivation, with the ability to work both independently and in teams.
- Excels at driving projects to completion, with attention to detail.
- Ability to exercise judgment in handling confidential and proprietary information.
- Ability to effectively prioritize, multi-task, and execute tasks according to a plan. Able to work on multiple priorities and projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated creative problem-solving abilities, attention to detail, ability to “think outside the box”.
- Good command of English language.
Keywords: General Mills Chemistry Scientist Job Opening, Chem Engg Apply, Scientist I, R&D, Mumbai, Global Knowledge Solutions, Information Analysis, Market Research, Scientific Literature, ITQ Projects, Food Safety, Quality, Social Analytics, Web Searching, Synthesis, Visualizations, Innovation, Continuous Improvement, Administration, Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree, Food Science, Food Technology, Nutrition, Biological Life Sciences, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering. General Mills Chemistry Post Job Opening – Chem Engg Apply. General Mills Chemistry Post Available. Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.