INST Chemistry Research Vacancy – Applications Invited
INSTITUTE OF NANO SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
(An Autonomous Research Institute of the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India)
Knowledge City, Sector-81, SAS Nagar, Mohali-140306, Punjab
Advertisement for position of ‘Project-JRF & RA-I’ under the ‘NTTM, Ministry of Textiles’ funded project at Institute of Nano Science and Technology
Applications are invited from highly motivated and bright candidates for engagement of Project JRF and RA-I in the research project funded by ‘NTTM, Ministry of Textiles, Government of India at Institute of Nano Science and Technology, Mohali.
Title of the Research Project: Scalable Manufacturing of MXene/Graphene/2D material Impregnated Hollow Flexible Carbon Fibers for Energy Storage and Conversion Applications
Principal Investigator: Dr. Kaushik Ghosh (Scientist-E)
Name of the position available: Project-JRF & RA-I
Number of positions available: 02 (one project JRF and one RA-1)
Essential Qualification for JRF
Post Graduate Degree in the field of Chemistry/physics/materials science or Graduate / Post Graduate Degree in Professional Course selected through a process described through any one of the following:
- Scholars who are selected through National Eligibility Tests–CSIR-UGC NET including lectureship (Assistant Professorship) or GATE.
- The selection process through National level examinations conducted by Central Government Departments and their Agencies and Institutions such as DST, DBT, DAE, DOS, DRDO, MoE, ICAR, ICMR, IIT, IISc, IISER, NISER etc.
- The candidates having prior knowledge of electrochemistry in the field of fuel cells, water splitting, energy storage and CO2 reduction will get an added advantage.
Essential Qualification for RA-I
Ph.D Degree in the field of Chemistry/physics/materials science, with at least four research papers in Science Citation Indexed (SCI) journal with a high impact factor. The candidates having prior knowledge of electrochemistry in the field of fuel cells, water splitting, energy storage and CO2 reduction will get an added advantage.
Age limit for JRF
Must not be over 28 years as on 20/11/2023, which is relaxable for certain reserved categories as per rules of Government of India.
Age limit for RA-I
Must not be over 35 years as on 20/11/2023, which is relaxable for certain reserved categories as per rules of the Government of India.
Fellowship: For Project JRF: Rs. 31,000 /- (per month) + 16 % HRA & for RA-I: Rs. 47,000 /- (per month) + 16% HRA
Last date of receipt of application: 20/11/2023
Mode of Interview: Hybrid Mode (Online and Offline)
Duration: Initially for six months and may be extended based on the performance of the candidate and availability of funds.
General Terms and Conditions:
- The position is purely temporary and on a contractual basis and renewable subject to satisfactory performance till the completion of the project. The position is coterminous with the project. Candidates selected for the JRF position can also apply for the regular PhD program of INST provided they satisfy eligibility criteria.
- The position is purely temporary and on a contractual basis. The position is co-terminus with the project.
- No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
- Completed applications in the prescribed format send as complete one combined PDF via email to Dr. Kaushik Ghosh ([email protected]) on or before 20.11.2023.
- Original documents of age proof/certificates/degrees/mark sheets and other testimonials must be presented along with the self-attested photocopies of these documents at the time of the interview (when the interview will take in person) or send as complete one combined PDF via email to Dr. Kaushik Ghosh ([email protected]) on or before 20.11.2023.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated through email to appear in the interview and no other communication in this regard will be entertained.
- For any query, candidates can contact on following address: [email protected]
Dr. Kaushik Ghosh (Scientist-E)
Institute of Nanoscience and Technology (INST),
Sector 81, Knowledge City, SAS Nagar- 140306, Punjab
E-mail: [email protected], Ph No.: +91-172-2297000
Editor’s Note: INST Chemistry Research Vacancy – Applications Invited. Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.