Research Scientist Jubilant Biosys Greater Noida – Synthesis
Jubilant Drug Discovery and Development Services (JDDDS) is a part of the Jubilant LifeSciences family of companies with R&D Centers in India, USA, and business offices in Asia, Europe, and North America. JDDDS offers comprehensive drug discovery and development solutions from target discovery to clinical development in collaboration with leading pharmaceutical companies worldwide. With a clear scientific focus in Oncology, Metabolic Disorders, CNS and Pain and Inflammation, JDDDS has become a leading collaborator for the pharma industry. Jubilant has developed expertise in various areas such as discovery informatics, medicinal chemistry, structural biology, in vitro and in vivo models, biology, and translational sciences. They combine these capabilities with strong clinical development and manufacturing capabilities to provide end-to-end solutions for the pharma industry. JDDDS business constitutes three Jubilant subsidiaries: Jubilant Biosys (Drug discovery services), Jubilant Chemsys (Chemistry services), and Jubilant Clinsys (Clinical trial services), with highly skilled and experienced scientific and medical personnel spread across locations in India, Europe, and the US.
Jubilant Biosys is currently offering a Research Scientist position in Greater Noida for their Synthesis division. The key responsibilities include synthesis, purification, and characterization of chemistry intermediates, leading a teamof 3-8 chemists, delivering small to large quantities of lead novel chemical entities for drug discovery, and working collaboratively to drive chemistry projects forward. The candidate will also be responsible for safe laboratory practices.
The candidate should have a Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry or a related field with 1-5 years of industry/post-doc experiences.
Technical and Functional Skills
- Excellent knowledge of basic and advanced organic chemistry.
- Very good knowledge of functional group conversion and multiple step synthesis.
- Knowledge of retrosynthetic analysis and route-designing of projects.
- Good team leading skills of 3-8 chemists along with own reactions.
- Excellent problem-solving ability.
- Good expertise in handling various pyrophoric reactions and troubleshooting.
- Good knowledge of chiral chemistry and diastereomer separation.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills in purification and extraction.
- Good knowledge of (Prep)-HPLC and analyzing NMR, IR, Mass Spectrometry data.
- Excellent knowledge of writing and reviewing electronic lab notebooks, writing reports, patents, and manuscripts.
- Expertise in literature search using Reaxys/Scifinder etc.
Behavioural and Soft Skills
- Always adhere to safe laboratory practices.
- Multi-tasking i.e. good in chemical ordering and maintaining lab inventory.
- Enthusiasm to create a dynamic research environment.
- Always stretch when project challenge increases.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to motivate team to work.
Keywords: Research Scientist, Jubilant Biosys, Greater Noida, Synthesis, Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry, Chemistry, Drug Discovery, Jubilant LifeSciences, R&D Centers, Clinical Development, Pharma Industry. Research Scientist Jubilant Biosys Greater Noida – Synthesis. Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.