Colour Development Jobs Bangalore – AkzoNobel Hiring
Junior Specialist – Color Development Aero
Date: Nov 6, 2023
Location: Bangalore, INc
We supply the sustainable and innovative paints and coatings that our customers, communities – and the environment – are increasingly relying on. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. We’re active in more than 150 countries and have set our sights on becoming the global industry leader. It’s what you’d expect from a pioneering paints company that’s committed to science-based targets and is taking genuine action to address globally relevant challenges and protect future generations.
Purpose of the job
- Development of Color formulations for Aerospace BU Global market.
- Evaluate the in-can, application and dry film properties of the developed color formula and make technical report.
- To undertake color projects in Aero with creative & innovative ideas.
- Approved MM formula: Develops solid color formulas independently, and effects after approval of a senior color specialist. Interprets intermediate results from color measurements, formula calculations and sprayed formula. Use instrumental techniques and available software. Determines effect pigments used in colors (microscopic evaluations). Owns formula requests from the database and puts approved formula in the database. Advises and/or matches colors for which color matchers C (in the Bangalore department as well as other centers) are facing problems. Develop colors according set priorities and quantities.
- Use test procedures to evaluate the in-can properties and application properties for the color formula and measurement and calculation tool to interpret results for the dry film properties.
- QHSE rules: Meets precautionary measures in business proceedings where risks are present regarding HSE&S aspects. Contribute towards safe work environment by adhering to safe work practices in line with Corporate HSE&S directives & guidelines in order to build work culture driven by safety consciousness.
- Improvement proposal: Suggests improvements for methods, tools and software.
- Quality: Is responsible for the correctness of the delivered formula (technical, visual and measured requirements), the use of calibrated tools. Works in accordance with HSE regulations. Calibrates tools in accordance with procedures. All development activities should be executed according the latest procedures and methods of the color Quality Manual. Takes responsibility for the quality/efficiency of the (internal) work flow, e.g. stocks monitoring of (non-)paint, timely calibration, priority setting of work packages.
- Reported state of work: Reports the progress status of color formula in development for own. Provides helpdesk function (questions/answers) for countries and other regions Gives project support to Business Area Performance Coatings color group. Mentor trainees and junior color matchers
- Level of autonomy
- Independently carry out the responsibilities
- B. E., B. Tech (Chemical) or M. Sc. (Chemistry)
- 1 – 4 years’ experience in Color Development domain
- Basic knowledge of coatings chemistry/polymers/reaction mechanism
- In-depth knowledge of the color process
- Knowledge of colorimetry, paint products
- Certification: Color matcher C or B
- Adhering to professionalism & organization specific code of business conduct
- Work Schedule Planning and Time Management
- Hands-on experience in various paints & coatings & product lines
- Proactive, Quick learner, Self-Motivated, Passionate to learn & deliver results on time
- Results oriented with excellent drive & commitment to accomplish
- Excellent in Multi-tasking & flexi-orientation & ability to work under pressure
- An eye for detail & problem-solving & root cause analysis approach
- Creative/Innovative thinking through ‘out of the box’ thinking approach
- Excellent English communication skills are a MUST – effective email, telephonic communication and document writing skills with good business etiquettes.
- Teamwork – gel well with people in terms of contributing & generating new ideas & understanding the other’s perspectives
Keywords: Job Posting, Color development, Aerospace Specialist, AkzoNobel, Bangalore, IN, coatings chemistry, colorimetry, paint products. Colour Development Jobs Bangalore – AkzoNobel Hiring. Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.